Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holy S&#t... Look at what I did 10 years ago

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by westn11, Oct 25, 2006.

1. westn11

westn11 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Back in the mid 90's, my next door neighbor retired from the military and opened a Maaco. I was in college at the time and I started working their part time doing books and misc. stuff. Anyway, being a car guy I started getting into painting buddies cars on the weekends. One of my friends asked me to paint his brothers truck. No biggie... I painted it and it went on to win its class in World of Wheels. I thought it was cool at the time. The owner of the truck sold it and i never saw it again. Well today, one of my friends sends me a link to this truck on ebay.

I just want to say, I cant believe I was ever involved in this vehicle. What was I thinking!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Custom-Monster-PickupTruck_W0QQitemZ320040564818QQihZ011QQcategoryZ6059QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's not that bad. Ditch about 18 of the shocks and some of the chrome and I think it would look pretty sweet. Is that the same paint that you sprayed?

3. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

holy shock absorbers Batman!!!!!!!!

4. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

But there are only 5 per corner in the back. There has gotta be room for at least another 4.

5. dale_gribble

dale_gribble Registered Member

Uhhhh.... look at that steering... Talk about some scary sh!t! I don't even get how it steers. The draglink looks straight down almost. Guess 'crossover' wasn't a mandatory upgrade back then.

Otherwise, not a bad looking truck really. That was the style back then, and that was acceptable back then. V-6, TH400 and points for the front driveshaft actually being hooked up! hell ya I would have driven that in the 90s.

Amazing how the perception of custom and show trucks has changed over the years. Used to be ALL show, now it's a lot more go. Most show trucks are just as capable as hitting some trails even if they are being trailered from show to show.

6. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Aside from the 40 shocks, front bumper, and exhaust, I think it looks pretty good.

FYI: I have a horrible connection at the moment so didnt view all the pics. Dont hold it against me if I missed something horrible.

7. scooter122983

scooter122983 1/2 ton status

That looks about as useful as dragslicks in a mudpit.

8. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i agree, ditch most of the shocks and fix the sketch steering and then i think it would actually be pretty fun...i mean come on its got 4d4" boggers. id wheel the piss out of it. if it broke id take the tires off and put them on my k5 and leave the rest :)

9. Blue90

Blue90 1/2 ton status

I second that

Scooter said it best here. :haha: it's a nice yard decoartion too.

10. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

wonder how that thing rides???? i'd buy it... i mean look at it.. you take some shocks out. then what do you have. you have a great condition toyota solid axle with a large lift and some bad bad tires (they almost look brand new!) hell the mickey thompsons and the boggers are what like 2300 give or take. then you already have a 4.3 in. i mean. if you could get it for 7000 i would take it in no time... but those shocks are hideous... why purple????? my god why??? that lil skid plate on the front diff. is kinda... well. cute.

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

36" lift? On a Toyota? Wouldn't that be high enough to clear monster truck tires in the 66" range?

12. BURBicon

BURBicon Registered Member

I'd swap the tires with my Burban, bring the lift down to 4" and wheel the crap out of it. After I drove it around town for a month or so. Its a cute little "MALL CRAWLER"

13. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I just love the mufflers that are vertical and totally viewable.

But looks like not a bad paint job, was the truck stock when you sprayed it?

14. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

those are beautiful shackle angles too.

15. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

not 5

it actually has 7 shocks on each side in the rear..if you look at the closeup of the rear you can count them,7 per side= 14 shocks on the rear...jeez:haha:

16. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

the damn kicker shocks on the leafs are what kill me ........

17. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

teh geyyyyy

18. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Hellz yeah brosiff........I gots the top of da line shiznit riyght hearrra, no doubt yo that sonic turbo moflow is off the hizook............

maybe hes kinda like the ricer crowd where stickers add horsepower, only here it must be shocks.........and an rti ramp or something...:confused: :crazy: :doah: .....uberghey..............I do like yotas though so yeah maybe minus all 2000 of those shocks and with a 6" lift and 35s it would be pretty fun. I would keep that blinged out sonic turbo mufler though, only I would move it to the roof so everyone could see it. you just cant argue with the classics:haha: :haha:

19. Slapperbar

Slapperbar Retired Navy NDT Examiner Premium Member

Shocking, absolutely shocking. Nice paint thou.

20. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

So... does it need to be trailered to the mall? :haha: