Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

holy shnikes!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tarheel, Feb 13, 2004.

1. tarheel

tarheel Registered Member

i saw an add for the new warn synthetic winch line the other day....$620.00 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    that's a lotta green for a component of a winch that costs almost as much as the winch itself!!!

was it a misprint? rockstomper has these things for about $150... is there a big difference between the two? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The warn one has a different compound on the first 30' of the rope making it more heat resistant. I am not sure if it is worth it for $600+ considering masterpull.com has them for a lot less with the heat resistant rope. The wierd thing on all of that synthetic rope is it was originally designed for marine usev in shoring mid sized vessels (hence the strong, lightweight, floating rope characteristics). I am sure you can find it somewhere that is not 4x4 connected for half the price.

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Paying for that name brand,,,,,,

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Do a search on Amsteel blue /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif