Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holy warm floor!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Dec 28, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Dad finally got the radiant floor heating working well. My PC is presently on the floor(need to make new legs for my desk), laying down to use it, I was assaulted by an unexpected warm floor. My room is quite warm now. Not too pleased with that actually, I liked it cold. oh well.

2. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

You're probably warmer than I am. In my house, the electric heating's in the ceiling of all the rooms, the worst place in my opinion for it to be.

3. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I agree, this is a very inefficient location for radiant heat since heat rises.

Sled - is the heat system set up with different zones? If so you may be able to adjust the zone your room is on to keep it cooler.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

4 zones I believe. My sister controls it in her room though. It is easier for me to open a window and cool off then for her to try and warm up in her room.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

They do it with water too . We just became a distributor for Bell & Gossett , and had to attend a meeting about the pumps for the hydronic heating . Funny , but it doesn't get cold enough here . But all our managers had to attend . And we have them in stock now .

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hahaha... for how little you guys use heat I would think a simple electric heating system or just a wood burner would suffice. We have a fireplace and the radiant floor heating and an electric heatpump with forced air for a backup.

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Can't use a wood burner. We get what's called inversion here. Basically what that means is all the smog from everything is held down by I think cold air up above.

To respond to your other statement though, yes central air is more than adequate to heat our homes.

Besides, with the "heat wave" we've been havin here lately I think the heater only turns on a couple of times an hour. Even then it only runs for prolly 5 minutes then it's done.

8. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Yes this is a perfect opportunity to rub todays high of 81 degrees here in south texas in you yankees' faces! :haha: