Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

holy!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jan 25, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

but god those HORRIBLE!! chop jobs make you wonder eh!!?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Would be nice if he would sell as advertised.......

Of course it needs flares and flaps to make it street legal, but why overlook the obvious?

Thing does look pretty mean /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

naw not my style. I mean sure it has big meats but still no ground clearnce. So if your going to make it ugly at least make it work.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i have a feeling it would od ok..speacially for a mud truck!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i wander what he gets the smog test for???will it pass as a pickup truck?

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Did anyone happen to notice tht it was listed as a 2003 truck LMAO

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

HEy, are those bumpers legal? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Even though it did not state on the auction, I imagine he built the truck with a "Special Construction" permit from the DMV, or swapped VINs.

In CA, 74 and older don't get smogged. With the special construction permit, I forget the details of determining year, but there's a guy with a '92 Ford Class 8 race truck with a 500HP Leon Patton under the hood, he's is registered as a '65 with the frame.

10. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

that truck looks cool. it's totally sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

dt466?? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif that would rule! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif why would you do something like that to a truck??? it's grossly fugly

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Seems like it'd be a little hard to work on... You'd have to reach through the wheel wells to reach the top of the motor /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.... Maybe if it had some ground clearance to go with all that lift I'd be interested /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

14. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wow thats cool...i didnt even know they had a pickup version...or was that bed just added...but thats sweet!

15. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Just added on a regular dually bed.
    There is plenty of these running around people build crews all the time to pull big 5th wheel campers after they fry a few tranny's out of 1/tons. There is a 4x4 around me well I guess it would be a 6x6 since it's a dually, that is super nice on about a 95 cab and bed with the tilt front. He brings it by 4x4 shows all the time.

16. chulisohombre

in the add it is a 2003 silverado,but the truck is a 86 crew cab.so it is too new to not be smogged so it has to have a emissions test every year to be registered in california.

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Negative. It depends what it is registered as. If it's 2003, no it don't. There's like a 5 year grace period for new vehicles. If it's registered as a diesel, no it doesn't have to be smogged. And if it's registered as a pre-74, it doesn't have to be smogged. It all depends on what it is registered as, there are ways to get around the yearly smogged test.

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    so it has to have a emissions test every year to be registered in california.

[/ QUOTE ]
    And as of right now, it's every other year.

19. chulisohombre

i didnt know diesels didnt have to be smogged.i never owned a newer car in ca so i didnt know.i think it is only a 3 year grace period but its been a while since i lived there.according to vin it has to match the truck it is in.so he could not legally register it as a pre 74 truck when it is a 84 silverado.im not sure on this but i would think this is how it would work.i was just mainly wondering how it would pass if it had to be tested.but as youy say diesels dont have to be smogged and ive never owned one myself to know.if i lived in cali still i definitely would not want to mess with smogging anything 4x4.just my opinion.

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    so he could not legally register it as a pre 74 truck when it is a 84 silverado.

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's possible. The DMV has a special construction permit program. I'm not going into too much about it and I don't know the whole process, but it's all on the CA DMV website. Basic overview though is someone gets the permit, builds the vehicle and has CHP does an inspection on it and they are the ones if I'm not mistaken give it their blessing and the model year. Like stated above about the Class 8 race truck that is street legal, it would never pass smog, but it is registered as a '65 Ford and has CA plates all legal like.