Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HOLYFREAKINHELLYEA! AZ dudes can do it!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KRAZIE87K5, Oct 12, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Hats off to Marv, Rob, and Fred for showing me how AZ CK5er's tear it up! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif These guys were taking their rigs and putting them in places they DID NOT belong... expecially Fred who dropped his K5 nose first into a big ol mess (can't even start to explain it) that he eventually ended getting outta there under his own power, and a little pull from Marv! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif When he first fell in there, I thought he wasn't coming out without a winch and a new approach line... but dude just muscled it out like no tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif Then Rob managed to pull the threads out of one of the 4 bolts in the rear of his TH350 to his adapater... and after yanking the dog house we got the other 3 tightened up he took it easy through the rest of the trails. Still not sure why those would be loose! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

These guys were taking their rigs off camber over things that had me grabbing their rear bumpers cause I thought they were going over! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Fred took and drove over a 4 1/2 ft rock, flexin like mad... TOTALLY CALM. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The flippin rear tire was easily 3-4ft off the ground! When he got to to the top and the susp unloaded shooting him over to the pass side SUPER off camber... I jumped to pull his bumper to the floor again! I asked if he was okay, and his reply was "oh yea!" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I've never been witness to wheeling this extreme. These three guys are some of the real hardcore dudes out there. And special thanks to BadDog (Russ), and Matt for coming out too! And Marv - I hope you guys can do something with that "extra" beer I left behind! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for showing me around! You guys rock! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

-Dan

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Soooo you're sayin you had a good time /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif----it's a different kinda wheelin down in these here southwestern places----those guys are a bit on the crazy side too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Had a good time?!!! I haven't had fun like that since Disney! And even then, this was more fun I think! Too bad its a few "billion" miles from home (right Rob? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) or I'd be driving back here sometime soon to try my rig at this stuff... its just plain wicked! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif Wish I could have just stayed out there and wheeled all damn night. Did I mention that the guys were swell too? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sounds like a blast now where are the pics? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Saw Marv last year at Blazer Safari - your right, those guys got balls! ... and the dents to prove it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks for the compliments! We were just following our leader Marv /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif(aka "The All shall bow down dude /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif")

Glad you could make it out Dan /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif! Glad to meet ya! It was a good rippin time, I had a blast too. Sorry, no pics, they don't come out too well at night without a tripod /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif, besides, too busy getting sideways in the trail /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif (took the damn Matt line.$%$&*#&*%#$ /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

It's kinda funny though, Raw deal is rated a 3.5 by most folks, it's normally a fairly easy trail, but we took the fun lines /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Come on out next time and We'll take a ride on some hard trails /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the beer dude, came in handy at the campsite /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ohhh Hell! I should have warned you about Rob.....That boy just aint right. He and Marv seem like two Peas in a pod. Everytime one of the club goes out there and visits we get these stories of how insane those two get. When Rob Lft GA he had a whole truck, Hell he had two whole trucks. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you had an awsome time! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Bill

9. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Hahaha
    no kidding Fred... next time we'll have to drag him out on a 4.5+ trail...

10. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Dan....

It was great hooking up with ya... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    We appreciated the extra beer you brought... and any time you wanna come down and wheel with us again, you're more than welcome .

Marv