Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Home at long last!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

If your gonna reclaim one from the body shop, do it in style with a K30!

Even got my buddy to do the majority of the work /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now to get the electrical ran and fire up the 454 for the first time. Can't wait - wonder if my wife would notice if I disappear for a week? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That is just too cool. It is going to kick so much A$$. VERY NICE! I am jealous. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YYYYEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA454!!!!

Well YJ you may have beaten me on getting your rig home but guess what?! I SHOULD be picking up my 454 LongBlock THIS WEEK /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gifI hope /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif My engine builder told me last night there is a good chance I can pick up my 454 sometime this week /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    So if I do get it then the race is on to see who yells Fire In The HOLE first /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Na no race cuz I am gonna go slow to make sure I put it all together right the first time.
    My K5 still looks like this
    [​IMG]
    Naked K5 waiting for heart transplant to be completed... /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

4. Yukon Jack

Thanks for the compliments. I'm gonna focus on getting the electical done first, then plumb the engine and get her fired up. Then I can work on getting the interior in and all the outside stuff done. Can't wait to get home, I might just be taking a few days off work to get deep in this project.

I won't be racing either Burt, but will be fun to see who fires first. Either way, I'm gonna be happy that one of us finally gets to be running again.

5. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

looks soo good /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif did you get to not pay the guy some of the money he quoted or did he stop work cause he already got paid? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. Yukon Jack

Kind of a lengthy explanation would be needed to answer that, but partly right on both. I think the reality is he is about broke and having to focus on his car lot jobs to survive - mine was a job he should not have undertaken. There are some things that need to be fixed for the truck's paint job to be acceptable but for now I'm gonna get it driveable and then have a trusted friend make the corrections.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Looks good, but just out of curiousity, what are you going to use it for?

8. Yukon Jack

It's just used for fun, driving to work once or twice a week, moving stuff around my place, moving hay, driving in mud and snow, not much in the way of rocks around here.

9. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Glad you've finally got it home. It looks great Mark! You will be able to drive that around in style once you are finished. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif