Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Home Depot has a lot of my money...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 22, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

In the last week, I've bought 2 ratchet sockets at $8.99 each. I've bought a drill bit for $9.99. I bought a set of hexagonal wrenches in both english and metric for $8.99. Finally, I bought a tape measure for $6.99...

All that, and I STILL don't have the right tools for my lift kit /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

I have friends who have been buying tools for over 20 years. and they still are a ways away from having all the tools they need. its sick. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

i need A LOT more tools, but i have no $$$. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i spent close to $900 on hand tools last summer...and i stil feel very inadequate /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Come back and let us know when you own a house. THEN you'll start spending some serious cash at the Depot! I've made single purchases there that were so much that just the sales tax was more than the total amount you've spent there. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Come back and let us know when you own a house. THEN you'll start spending some serious cash at the Depot! I've made single purchases there that were so much that just the sales tax was more than the total amount you've spent there. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ] You got that right! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd that!

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd that!

[/ QUOTE ]

4th!

I was just there today. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. thezentree

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

touche.... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

My buddy Wade who is a wrench here in town has has a stupid number of tools and he is FAR away from done. I asked him how much he has invested in tools. Hey said over the past 20 years he has spent about $100,000 on tools JUST for work. His tools box at work is one of the Snap-On boxes that is a double decker and is about 12 feet long and about 7-1/2 feet high. And he easily have another $40,000 in tools at his house... He is def. my go-to guy when I need to borrow a specialty tool...

Chris

10. ljbear

ljbear Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    i spent close to $900 on hand tools last summer...and i stil feel very inadequate /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you talked to your doctor? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So I was just thinking... Maybe I should've gone to Sears and got Craftsman stuff... I just snapped a ratchet extension in half trying to get a bolt loose /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I snapped a friggin C clamp putting in a u joint, a big beefy friggin c clamp! Never underestimate the power of threaded rod

13. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

You peeps aren't spending enough money at Home Depot and especially Lowes. My marketing company just lost a contract because spending is down at both. Now everyone hurry out and buy some tools, building supplies, and STOCKS in both companies.

14. thezentree

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you talked to your doctor? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

he told me to try a longer ratchet /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    You peeps aren't spending enough money at Home Depot and especially Lowes. My marketing company just lost a contract because spending is down at both. Now everyone hurry out and buy some tools, building supplies, and STOCKS in both companies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Home Depot. Their customer service blows, and their tools are all made in China. That, combined with the fact that they never have what I want sends me to Sears every time.

Screw that place, I love Sears and I'm going to keep going there.

Capman, do yourself a favor. Buy American made tools and start a collection like I have. It's not cheap but trust me, it's worth it.

16. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I prefer Sears for hand tools and Lowes for Power tools.