Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Home from the body shop

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by k2-k5, Nov 12, 2003.

1. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

And yes it does fit in the garage. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

It looks awesome! Just don't put any mirrors on it cause then it won't fit in the garage. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

looking good! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Looking Good!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

looks sweet. who did the paint ond body work?

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif That will be a sweet looking ride when your all done!

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

bling! when does the full cage go on? unless that window frame is made from 300m, I dont think it'd hold in a rollover. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

8. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

Thanks all.

I'm in a bit of a quandary. I have a '71 (Blue/white) that looks like ass (which some of you may have saw at Julianos) but it has a 6" suspension lift and 33" tires with a full cage. Should I put those goodies on the one I got painted knowing that it is likely to suffer some off road wounds or should just keep the stuff on the '71 where a few more dents won't matter. The orange one is not immaculate paint or body wise so I'm thinking in time maybe it won't matter. The '71 is kind of sentimental (same age as me) but i think I should get past that. Oh and the other thing is one of them needs to go. What do you guys and girls think? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... Oh and the other thing is one of them needs to go. What do you guys and girls think? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think if you have to get rid of one of them, and you want to keep the lift and everything you should swap the lift over to the one that is fresh out of the body shop since it sounds like it is in better shape, and take anything that is worth any real value (ie. lift, wheels, tires, etc.) off of the '71 and sell it. That is what I would do. I would also sell me your rear lift gate for $50. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that looks sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Oh that looks so nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have always loved 1st gens in orange.

Getting rid of one eh...hmmmmm, just kidding why not keep both of them? One for a nice street queen and one for a trail warrior. I didn't get to look at your multicolored one you drove to Juliano's but I wish I could have. I always appreciate a blazer/'burb/truck in any shape /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

boy that looks nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif did you have it done down here in forest grove or up there?i say put all your goodies on the orange one or sell the 71 and buy all new parts for the orange one /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif(if possible).

13. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Personally that truck looks sweet like that, and you must have put a lot of money into making it look that nice. I would use it like any other SUV people buy these days, as in DD and camping, etc. I would never wheel a truck that I put that much work into knowing that its just gonna get trashed. If you have one already that is in bad shape, keep using that one for wheeling and the nice one as a DD /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    did you have it done down here in forest grove or up there?i say put all your goodies on the orange one or sell the 71 and buy all new parts for the orange one /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif(if possible).

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to F.G. to check them out and then I talked to cherry or someone. I think its the guy who you recommended. He said he only does collision repair and wouldn't use those other guys. He scared me away from them. I ended up having it done locally.

As far as keeping them both I would love too. My wife did mention having a his and hers. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But no way can I justify dumping butt loads of dough into both of them. I am buying lots of new parts for the orange one. Just buying seals and weatherstripping ads up quick...

Clubba, Mayhaps I will sell you the hatch from my '71 for $50 Looks about like the other one but never been repaired. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifreal nice....

16. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

Here is a better picture.

got the hood on finally... [​IMG]