Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Home life

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

As y'all know, I recently had my trailor-house moved. Well today I started putting on the new skirting. I've never done this befor myself. It's not hard at all. Just got to take your time and messure each piece. I've been doing 3 to 4 pieces at a time. Would have finished it today, but ran out of the nails for the ground track. I got one side and both ends done. Just need to finish up the back side and attach the deck. Looks pretty good. I went with tan skirting, and have been reuseing the old white trim. Works good together, I like the way the white trim sets it off. The doors are white also, so it matches good. I never liked the white skirting I had on it last time. This looks so much better. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I'll get some pic's in the near future.

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

glad to hear things are turning out for ya!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Where I make my biggest mistakes is I tend to rush into things and get ahead of myself. This time I'm taking it slow and doing it right. I looked into all my options befor I had the house moved to this lot. I love how my deck faces nobody. I can sit out on the deck in the evenings with out looking at my nieghbors, and without my nieghbors looking at me. This trailor park doesn't care what ya do. No problem with me putting up a 40 foot tower and antenna for my 2-way radio equipment, I can work on the Blazer in my driveway if I want to, and if I want to have some subs and a amp, no big issue, almost everyone on my street has a system in thier rides. I can keep the jet-skies out here. Last trailor court made me rent a storage lot for them. I'm outside the city limits, almost a country setting, but only a few miles into Rapid City. Nobody watching my every move and running to complain to the management here. My nieghbors out here are really cool. Nobody bothers anyone. Mostly familys with small children. I went over to the airforce guys behind my house and turned some wrenches on thier Chevy 4x4 with them. My friend Lew has been helping me get this new lot looking good. I've got a small yard area, but with no kids, I didn't want a large yard, less to mow. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

sounds great! I can't even find damn parking in front of my house wednesdays or thursdays cause the whole neighborhood but my street has street sweeping so everyone parks their damn cars in front of my house!! you sound like you have a nice place there /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thanks man, this lot has been perfect for me so far. Got a drought going on so I haven't had to mow yet. Did get down in the (ditch) old rock garden by the tree with the weed wacker. I plan on throwing some wild sunflower seeds in it come spring time and plant some Russin Sage along the shed. I never thought I'd become floral, but I really want this place to look nice. I need to get some more rocks for the upper part of the rock garden. Maybe I'll make it into "Better homes and trailor-trash gardens" LOL /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

With all this happy homemakin we'll have to start callin ya martha stewart or some junk /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif . glad to hear things are workin out with your house /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I see things I'd like to do around here, money permitting, so I'm planning on doing the el'cheepo things like the plants. Looking from my deck, there is a great view of the Black Hills nation forest, makes me wanta go wheeling. But I've gotta get to work on finishing putting on the skirting, and get the deck attached properly befor it tumbles down the hill. Probley should get ready to put up the 40 foot tower and anntenna, but that just might have to wait for another day. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The house is skirted !!! yae !!! I wasn't able to get my deck attached today. My friend who was going to help me thinks that I need to set some concrete posts for the hill side legs of the deck. Now I'll have to check with my landlord befor I start. Probley now won't get it attached till next weekend atleast. Oh'well, I need to slow down and not get ahead of myself. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

9. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

Yeah, but at least now its all at your leisure ya know? it really sucks to have to be stressed cause you live next to a some jerk. maybe you'll find a couple new wheelin spots near your new neighborhood too...kinda funny how they just show up in a new neighborhood /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The best thing about THIS nieghborhood is that everyone minds thier own bussiness. I've got a friend that has lived out here for 5 years and he says he's only seen the landlord twice in the whole time. Once when he moved in, and ones when he asked if he could put up a fence. There is a little building with a mail slot ya drop your check in for the lot rent, so ya never have to see anyone unless ya have a problem and call him. I'm up in the old original part of the trailor park. Only 10 trailors in this area. The other 90 are around the bend. With the way my house is sitting faceing away from the street, it feels even more seculded. I do plan on doing some land scapeing, but it'll be as I can aford to do it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, the house is skirted, and the deck is finally attached. It sits higher out here, so now the stairs have one more step. Still need to stain and seal it, but it's feeling like home again. It feel so good to be able to sit out on the deck in the evening and just relax. Grilled some Brots out on the deck alittle earler. I really like this place. No stress at all. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif