Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Home stereo , static in the knobs....

Discussion in 'Audio' started by chevyfumes, Aug 14, 2004.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Alright so how do you get the static outta the volume and other knobs when you use them, it drives me nuts to hear static when I turn up my reciever or amp.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifI've tried taking the knob and dust covers off and hosing them off with canned air and that dosen't work, where does it come from and what do i have to do to get rid of it???? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Alright so how do you get the static outta the volume and other knobs when you use them, it drives me nuts to hear static when I turn up my reciever or amp.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifI've tried taking the knob and dust covers off and hosing them off with canned air and that dosen't work, where does it come from and what do i have to do to get rid of it???? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]You can go too most electronic stores and get "Tuner spray" It's like the cans of air but has some cemicals designed for just what problem you're having.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

thats what we use on our (old) amps... they work alot better now /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif