Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Homebrew shackle flips are fun

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by justhorsinaround, Dec 12, 2004.

1. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I got to use a drill and a mini-grinder and even a cuttin torch!:grind: :weld: :grind:

The funny thing is now that it's all done the vibration that I had round about 35 and then again round about 65 now is from about 1 to about 30 then it kind of dies away.

Ah well such is life.

It's all done and seems to work pretty well as it seems to ride smoother. Gonna have to find some place to see what the hind end does flexy wise. :D

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well . did you shim it back down yet ? That was what mine did , and I knew it wasn't good for the joints , hence my rear CV :k5: :k5:

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I am running a home brew one too, with a 1" zero rate. No shimming from me. I did drop the 203 down an inch though. No real problems yet and I have had it that way for a few years now. I do change the t-case joint every 4-6K though.

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Put the shim in and it comes a little closer to parallel so maybe I'm gonna have to figure out how to lower the t-case. Oh and I'm gonna have to clearance out the back of the holes a bit more on both sides cuz on account of the rubbin goin on. I figured I had more than enough clearance but it looks like I was wrong.