Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HOMEMADE 85 DEGREE FRONT CV SHAFT!!!!!UPDATE W/TRUCK PICS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigblock44k5, Sep 9, 2003.

1. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

The best part is it didnt cost me any time or money! All I did was put a lift on my truck, and leave the stock front driveshaft in. Then take it muddin a few times and, presto! This thing will angle anyway you need it to. I am thinking of mass producing these things and selling them for a small price of around $500.
    Driveshaft pics
    (P.S. Yes it still worked) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Re: HOMEMADE 85 DEGREE FRONT CV SHAFT!!!!!

When you start making them up...let us know, I could sure use one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

I hope you're kidding right? To say that your cv still worked is misleading. It would still put power to your front end, but depending on your set up smash the cross member, tranny and oil pan. There's no means of alignment, and the shaft would flop around wildy.

4. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

Yes I was kidding. But it really did work, right before I took my truck off the road, I took her for one last mud romp, and put so much pressure on it I actually smoked my clutch. 4-wheel was still working! Just noisy. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

No prob YUNIT, I'm sure my truck can break plenty more stock driveshafts. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif