Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Homemade Bikini Top - Pics

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Polaris, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I made my own bikini top this week. Now that I'm a member /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I want to try posting pics! I'll be adding a descriptive little thing on my site but not til next week probably.
    [​IMG]

Anyone want to donate some cutout flares please /forums/images/icons/blush.gif ?

[​IMG]

Adding one of it rolled up. I do think it looks a little dorky but it serves it's purpose. Maybe next year I can afford a nice soft top.

[​IMG]

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Good Job! I like /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Good for you. It looks good. Can't wait for your HOW TO. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Joe, I'll snap more pics tomorrow of the hardware. The most amazing thing happened on my way to Walmart tonight! I stopped to talk to a kid with a K5 and give him a little info about the 4x4 club I'm trying to start. Well, we were talking Blazers and he noticed my homemade top. He said a guy has one for sale for $100. I had met that guy before so I called him up, went over, and left with a black Bestop soft top. It's in great shape! He'll even let me make payments... kind of financially challenged these days here. I got the support bows and if you'd like I can measure them for you yet. First I'll put up the how to on the other way that I did it. I am just tickled. Today I officially became a CK5 member AND I found this smokin' deal. Yeehaw!

5. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

That would be great. Still planning on getting a Fast Trac but I just got myself a Lincoln Mig PAK 15 welder today so I'll have to postpone the top for maybe a month or 2. But I still like the bikini idea for now, which I can still do for a while.
    You must of had a lucky day. Good for you. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif