Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Homemade Brushguard Query

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5XLR8R, Sep 28, 2000.

1. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

Ok, I'm taking welding 101 at college..I wanna know what it will take to make my own Brushguard...Also, if anyone has any blueprints they wouldnt mind sharing I would appreciate it very much!...All ideas welcomed!!! Also, if anyone has any prints on a rear bumper and/or spare tire mount that would be nice as well!!

2. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

Now i know im not the only one who's thought of this!! there has to be someone out there!!!! :) hehehehe

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

White Knight made some damn nice ones....I'm in the process of designing my own as we speak. hehe

yeah I just taught a welding 101 in my mfg/ processes class yesterday. Class projects start in a month. I'm gonna make a barbaque grill that will stand on legs on the porch or detach and fit the K5....I love projects~!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blaze- 350/350/203, 14B w/detroit, D44, 4.11s, 4" susp, 36" TSL

4. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

5. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

6. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I made one for my S10 Blazer I had years ago and will be making a new one for my Blazer when I rebuild it this winter. Mine will be bolted to the chassis and have dual reveiver mounts into which I can mount a snow plow or a winch. Just some ideas; good luck with yours.

Brian
    89KBlazer

7. Nike

Nike Registered Member

I do not have blueprints, but I got a piece of 3/16 - 3" x 5" rectangular tubing about 8' long, cut a 90 degree piece of pie out of each end (5 or 6 inches in) heat and fold back the outside corners, and weld brackets for a Colemans Surplus Military surplus grill guard on top (requires some torching on the guard) and you will have a real stout good looking bumper. Attachment brackets etc. will also have to be fabricated. Nike in Mo

Blue