Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Homemade driveline E-Brake???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KrebsATM02, Nov 19, 2002.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Well my 2nd raptor is dying, so i'm going to pick up a SM-465 and a NP-205 this weekend. I'm also going to put disc brakes on my 14 bolt over christmas. So before i put the tranny/t-case in i want to make a driveline brake. I know high-angle driveline makes them, but I'm a college student with more time than money. I've got all the tools i need and access to the machine shop at our college, so i can make anything i need. So any of y'all have plans, designs, ideas, or pictures??? Any input would be helpful. Thanks - Doug

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

try to get ahold of 1 FN HI K5...he built one out of a disc he had cut out and a subaru caliper that bolted right to the 205 with no mods at all..i think the only mod he had to make was on the yoke its self to mount the disc

3. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever heard of using Dirt bike (Motorcycle, not BMX) for some kinda brake???

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Here are some pics with little info:
    205 Brake

All Pro Offroad Has a nice setup for 'yotas, but I can't get the site to function. Maybe it'll work later.

I would think that a cable actuated caliper would be needed, I'm not sure if a dirtbike setup would have enuff holding power.