Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Homemade Engine test stand

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TJS, Aug 4, 2003.

1. TJS

TJS 1/2 ton status

I have not posted here in a while. Been busy working on my Jetboat project. While doing so I needed to fab up an engine test stand for my future BBC eng for the boat. Good thing is this will also work with SBC stuff, gotta love GM engineers for that one. I am almost done. I just have to build the fuel system and wire it and the gauges and I am ready to fire. Oh the POS small block on there is a 4 bolt main 350 with less that 15k on it. When I bought the truck the person said it was a 305 but somewhere it was replaced with a target 4 bolt. So I just took the pan off and it is super clean.
    T.J.
    [​IMG]

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Too bad we can't see what it looks like /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.

3. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

That looks beautiful. Don't forget the earmuffs, and watch out for torque steer if you do not secure the castors on the bottom.

Looks great.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif very well built /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Some place their is a shopping cart with out wheels /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

When I got my K5 the guy said it was replaced with a Target 350 4 bolt. He was full of it in my case it was just a beat to death 305 that I beat all the way to death.

7. TJS

TJS 1/2 ton status

As far as the casters go they are not shopping cart ones they are industrial that are rated for 500lbs each. Also I have feet next to the casters that extend and lift the whole assembly off the casters and there is rubber on the bottom of the feet. Yes I will strap it down also. Ready to fire any day now.
    T.J.