Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Homemade half top...

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by 88K5Jimmy, Mar 23, 2007.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Basically I took a hardtop, cut the front and rear sections off and glassed them back together. You can't even tell on the top where the seam is but on the sides I got tired of glassing and sanding and filling so it's not smooth but could be worked out if you had the patience...I used a soft top window for the rear window so there are button snaps screwed on the inside where a window would go. I also mounted a drip rail over the back of it to divert water...very similar to one mounted above the doors on a suburban.

It's Rustoleum brush painted black in color and has a new cab seal on the front of it. It utilizes the factory mounting locations across the top of the cab. I can get some pics if interested.

$75??? NO SHIPPING

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Man I wish you were closer. I would be interested in pics because I'd like to do this myself. I want to keep the back seat, did you?

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

No I removed the back seat. But I don't have the half top anymore anyway because I soft topped it, bedlined the inside, etc etc.