Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Homemade side Nerf Bumpers/ With air capacity?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by _DeeVee8_, Jul 12, 2001.

1. _DeeVee8_

_DeeVee8_ 1/2 ton status

Looking for someone who has built their own Tubular stell nerf bar steps---with an air nozzel on them to store air...I know this sound bizzare but when other things on the trail go wrong --like your compressor or your battery dies or whatever-- wouldn't it be cool to make Bumpers(tubular) that could store air in them? so when you've aired down the meats for sand travel...you could use the air you've jacked up inside these to pump up yopur tires? or your girl friend could blow dry her hair...heh heh.. whatever? anyone done this? I must be a pioneer if not.. How much can you put inside PPSI? before they blow off the end caps you've just welded on?

come back to me?

-Dv8

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

there was a post on this very recently. do a search, there were a few references to web-sites and what-not.
    i've been trying to do this, but i'm having trouble locating steel schraeder valves. i think i'm going to go to a compressed air fitting, since i already have a hole drilled in the tube, and caps welded on.
    keep us posted on your progress!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. _DeeVee8_

_DeeVee8_ 1/2 ton status

thanks!--sorry- been away for a while--(muddin in Maine)

never seen it done... thought it would be great idea!
    -DV8

4. _DeeVee8_

_DeeVee8_ 1/2 ton status

NOPE... did a search...NOTHING-- tried one word.. two words.. made a sentence...tried ASKJEEVES.com-- nothing there either...

Not finding anything about this idea.. Can anyone point me to the post please?
    -DV8

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

140PSI
    I used 4x4 box with 3/16 inch wall. They are my rockers. Permently attached to the truck. Rockers cut off just below the door. Go to http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s

Grim-Reaper