Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hond truck???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Feb 6, 2005.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Just saw it on the Superbowl comercials
    [​IMG]

my oppinion. ugly, looks like an avalanche sorta, and just doesn't have enough power to compete with the big three.

Yeah 255hp is good for a v6 but the big three are arround 300 plus more torque!!

Explain!!!

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

3. jekquistk5

My bad!!! sorry!

:blush: :blush:

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its normally front drive too , only transfer up to 70 percent to the rear as needed . No low range either . That equals to nothing wheelers would want :mad:

5. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

basically car a wheel drive with the new civic motor on a truck frame and body.

plus the v6 has no grunt downlow.

check out speed channel.... desert racin.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:saweet: :pimp:

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Yuppiemobile!!

That thing screams URBAN YUPPIEMOBILE!---it will be a big hit with soccer moms and Mr.moms in suburbia I'm sure!--look for it at your local starbucks drive thru.....:surepal:

My friend had a customers Honda PILOT at his shop the other day--he remarked"gee,this thing looks just like my wifes Isuzu Rodeo!--we looked it over,it was nearly identical!--even the same radio,but the word "Honda" instead of Isuzu on the faceplate!--under the hood,it had all AC-Delco sensors,all GM electrical stuff!--and a tag on the firewall that said" Built in Japan by Isuzu and Subaru for Honda Motor Company!!:screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

I hope they didnt buy it thinking it was a Honda!!--we havent figured out who's engine is in it yet!!...But if I were buying a Honda for its good reputation,I'd be pissed to find out it really wasnt a Honda!--sort of like when GM put olds,buick,and chevy motors in all their car models in the late 70's--a lot of folks were very upset to find their chevy's had an olds 307 in them,when they thought a 5.0 litre was the 305 chevy motor they had wanted in there...:crazy:

Guess since all the car companies have sold out and merged,its hard to tell just what you are buying anymore--most fords are mazda's in fords clothing now,the new "500" is part jaguar,there are so many "hybrids" out there ,how do you know what you are buying anymore???:confused:

7. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

more and more people keep buying these things because they "might" have to put it in 4 wheel when they drop their kids off at a friends house in the booneys. Seems like the only company that cares about what an suv stands for is jeep. the new cheerokee is a beast. I want those diffs. speed has a half hour jeep add that tests it on a concrete hill with rollers on one side to test the electronic automatic diffs and it didn't even flinch. took it to moab and it embarrassed the rocks considering it was a completly stock rig. it goes from 0-60 in 6.8 seconds. audi and bmw should hang their heads until their slowest vehicles can outrun a 4500 pound suv.

If i had 35,000 to blow on a suv itd be a hemi cherokee.

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ah, just ignore the cute little asian based companies and their cute little 1/2ton pickups. Just like the Titan, they want to try and say "look at us, we have a full size pickup.. take us seriously.."

The difference between the local asian company dealers and domestic dealerships are, you will be able to find plenty of diesel powered 1 ton duallys if you wanted too at Ford Dodge, or Chevy...
    For me they will never catch my attention until they actually produce a truck with a rating higher than a 1/2 ton. If Nissan builds a Titan next year that is a 1 ton SRW, gets a contract with CAT and sticks C7's between the rails, and has a stout drivetrain I would definantly stop and have a look!

For now with nothing but 1/2 yuppy mobiles on their lots, I won't even look their way as I drive by.

9. jekquistk5

I Have heard rumors about toyota tooling arround with a diesel, but toyota owns the small truck market and is probably going to put one of the smaller trucks.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Toyota owns the small truck market in what country? Certainly not this one.

11. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Yes, that includes this country, and they dont sell squat here compared to the rest of the world.

As for toyota with the diesel, it will not be in their smaller trucks. They never sold well enough in the US in the minitrucks to warrant doing it again now. The rest of the world you can get a diesel in just about any Toyota you want, but not here. They are building a real fullsize, 3/4 ton and beyond, and it will most likely have a Hino under the hood :D

12. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

No, your thinking of the Passport. The Pilot is honda's own vehicle based loosely off of the accord. I would think the transversely mounted engine would have given that away from the Rodeo, seeing how the Rodeo is RWD, but i guess not.

Toyota and Honda make just as much for domestics that the Big 3 claim as their own, so it goes both ways.

13. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I've seen the yota deisels over in australia, china, uk(everything is diesel there), and they are all puny little 1/2 tons that shouldn't even be called 1/2 tons. When they bring something to the table that can haul more than 16,000 it will turn heads.

Chevy Ford, and dodge own the diesels and they're all almost the same power wise. Don't know for sure but i think the chevy has 595 ft lbs, dodge 600 ft lbs, and ford 590 lbs but the ford has the highest tow rating of 19,200 lbs. Straight up grunt.:bow: :saweet: :woot: :eek1: :crazy:

14. rjfguitar

That would be 610 ft from the Cummins Dodge, 605ft from the Dmax GM, and 570ft from the Ford PS.

15. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

ahh took em off the top of my head. Are those 04 or 05 numbers?

16. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Guys give the Jap' trucks some credit. I wont speak for Nissan becouse Titans are blowing upthier rear ends under no loadso they are built poorly(a D44 whith 379lb-ft, c'mon Nissan). But Chevy's new diesel is Isuzu and its far from puny and weak. And Toytas are legendary,ithought everyone knew that. Inthe past 15 years of the Dakar 4 deisel LandCruisers have been entered and all 4 have always finished whith nothing but simple flat tires and such. And LandCruisers are PIGS! Going off just HP andTQ yes the Jap' trucks arent quite there.

17. rjfguitar

Whats your point? They still arent making a diesel powered pickup with more than 4 cylinders, is sold in America.... comes with a 1 ton rating, dual rear wheels, and a freakin' rearend that is bigger than 9" .

Toyotas made their rep from producing decent wheelers and reliable, cute little pickups. Not a powerfull tow rig.

As far as the D44 in the Titan, I read an article about a test truck, and they also blew up the rear end in it. It was the owner's mistake from not reading his owner's manual about how it needs to go through heat cycles on it's first towing trip. But don't take that as I'm actually defending it, I still can't stand the Jap trucks. :p:

As far as the Dmax, GM and Izuzu designed it, big deal. It comes in a 1 ton dually CHEVY or GMC, not an Izuzu Rodeo or something.

I like some imported brands, A lot of the European companies are great. Obviously, because I drive a late model Dodge cummins. I also like the Suzuki 2 cycle 150HP engine in my Arctic Cat snowmobile, but they don't make a fullsize REAL pickup.