Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Honda CR-V

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Jan 11, 2005.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Are they good little cars?

The wife wants a new car, and an awd small sport ute is our price range. We went to drive that, the Rav4, and the toyota matrix last night. Liked the CRV the best. The envoy/trailblazer are out of our price range, and the jimmy/blazer are no longer being made. We need to be in the 25K range with a loaded out truck including leather/sunroof, ect.

Discuss.:D

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My in-laws have a CRV. They run forever and are great on gas. It has more room than a car (of course nothing near a 'Burb) and has been problem free. It has around 100k IIRC. Seems like a good buy.

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yeah I hear that...I drove it after driving to the dealership in the crew cab, and it felt like a go cart...but not so much so as the Rav4. It also has quite a bit of passenger room which was kind of shocking. Oh yeah and a picnic table!

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/interior_gallery.asp?ModelName=CR%2DV

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

We're on our second one and we love it. We had a 99 for 3 yrs that was trouble free, when the body style changed in 02 we traded for a new one. This one has had a couple of problems but nothing that would prevent me from getting another. Our biggest "problem" has been brake pads clicking when you change directions but it's not a big deal unless you turn the radio off and listen for it (Honda doesn't have a fix yet).

Both of ours have been FWD only so I don't have experience with their AWD version. Definitely great cars. :thumb:

5. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

The brake pads clicking isn't just a CRV issue, it's a Honda issue. My '99 Civic does that. I wouldn't call it a problem, more of a slight annoyance.

I have had Hondas as dd for the last 10 + years. The only thing you need to make sure you do is changing the timing belt. They have an interference motor.

I would highly recommend a Honda for your wife.

6. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

How about mileage on the AWD CRV?

7. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

My wife has a CRV. She is a physical therapist and works for a company doing home health so she puts alot of miles on it. It is perfect for her because it has room for things she uses to treat children and also gets great gas mileage. It has about 105,000 miles on it and has had practically no maintenance. My personal opinion is that it is a weird feeling vehicle when you drive it. Kind of feels like you are driving a forklift. The steering wheel is too "straight up and down" or something. Anyway, it's a very reliable vehicle I just wouldn't drive it. If your wife wants it. Go for it.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

After driving my Burb, everything feels like a go-cart. i actually had a go-cart (Miata) as a DD for a while. Fun to drive hard, but real small after being in the Burb.

9. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Great little cars. My boss's wife had one, she puts about 50K per year on it, last time i talked to them it had 118K and had been completely trouble free. Gets good mileage, is reliable, and is pretty fun to drive. Cant ask for a whole lot more than that.