Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Honda Odessy's and pilot's

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by GORRILLA, Sep 24, 2004.

1. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

Honda Odessy\'s and pilot\'s

I just picked up some side work from a sugar momma, (read, rich woman!).
    She has 2 85ish odessy's and a 89 pilot.
    She wants them back in a hurry so she and her grown kids, one of them being my boss, can get in one more ride before the season is over.
    What the problem is, no brakes. Common? yes. Read some of the articles and post's over on pilot-odessy.com and this is the conclusion I have come to.
    Rebuild/replace the masters, and find or have made some stainless brakelines.
    And learn to adjust and properly bleed these systems.
    What I need to know is where can I find the braided steel lines? If thier is a aftermarket kit? or are these custom?
    And,
    Is the rebuild the only option for the masters? Or can I get new ones for these?
    I am looking to turn these out as fast as possible.
    Thanks for any info.
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: Honda Odessy\'s and pilot\'s

A friend of mine had one of those and he ended up going to an industrial shop and had them made up. Rice Honda (thats really the name of the place /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif) stopped selling that stuff in the mid 90s.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    A friend of mine had one of those and he ended up going to an industrial shop and had them made up. Rice Honda (thats really the name of the place /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif) stopped selling that stuff in the mid 90s.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeap, Rice Honda is the real name of the place. On Cambell St. In Rathole shity, SD. Drove by there today infact.

4. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

You should be able to find everything you need for those at Russell Brake. Here is the link.

CLICK HERE

They have all kinds of stuff for imports and American made stuff. If not, call them and they will make it.

John

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hey don't feel bad. my brother rolled his odyssy 3 times last week and broke the axles and tranny. Called everyone and nobody has anything for it. Heck he ordered a pipe for it back in June and didn't get it till last weekend. Doh

Good luck.

6. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

7. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Thanks, has the parts we need!

8. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

I went to http://www.atvracing1.com/home.htm and looked at thier ultralight kits with thier long travel kits.
    She also told me no limit today!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    WOW,
    went bucknutty today and spent $6000 on the odysseys and $9000 on the pilot. Turning them into ultralight stadium racers.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif