Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Honest Opinions Please-Bogger- 38.5x11 or 37x13???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by white-rhyno, Jun 6, 2002.

1. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

I have always liked a more narrow tire myself. But is that 38.5x11 too narrow?? My mind is stuck on boggers. I dont do that much street driving so I dont care. I wheel i just about everything, rocks to snow, deep snow. Please tell me watcha think. Getting ready to order. Thanks again

2. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i ran the 11" wide boggers on my 78 K5.depends on what your using them for?they grab like a b!tch it the mud as long as theres a bottom,if not they dig to china in a hurry.on the trail you can't beat them.being so narrow on a heavy rig your contact pressure is awesome.also make sure you have plenty of A$$ to turn them in the mud,if you don't, don't get them stick with some TSL's they dont require as much power to turn.but all around i was pretty happy,but i bought TSL's when i stepped up in size.i think there a all around better tire for everything.a true all terrain

3. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

Well the 37 only has 22/32 tread depth new and the 38.5 comes with 29/32. That may not seem like much but it actually is. Lots of the guys that run mud drag around here swear by the 38.5x11. They will also help you stay inline while running a drag.

4. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Thanks for your responses guys. That helps in my decision making