Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Honestly, what's so great about drinking ????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Honestly, what\'s so great about drinking ????

I've made it no secret that I used to use drugs. Yes, I liked the way it made me feel full of energy, wide awake, ...ect. Now I've drank, but never liked the way it made me feel. What is it that y'all like about drinking ??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif (On June 15th 1996 my "Comman-law" wife died of liver failure. She drank herself to death. I'm still trying too figure that one out. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: Honestly, what\'s so great about drinking ????

<font color="green"> I like the puking part, especially the way that chunks of whatever the last thing you ate get lodged in your sinuses so you have to blow them out as snot rockets for the next hour and a half, or suck them back into your throat to swallow again. Personally I find hotdogs to have a nice piquant, after-dinner sort of quality to them as they shoot out of your noseor drop down the back of your throat. Oh yeah, and the pretty colors! </font>

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

doesnt do anything for me...

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, I guess I don't quite understand your question. When you say "drinking", do you mean having a couple of beers or getting sh!tfaced? There's nothing wrong with only having a few drinks at a time, you know. Or are you unable to stop drinking once you start?

I personally enjoy having a couple of cold ones with some friends on a warm summer evening. I leave the "drink 'til you puke" partying for the younger crowd that don't have kids or careers to wake up to in the morning.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Two words....Fumes Jr.

/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Two words....Fumes Jr.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Because it makes men bang women that during any normal sober moment, would be going home alone.

Because people happen to be braver when they've had a few.

Because hitting that little white ball around the golf course is funner.

And driving the golf cart is more enjoyable.

And last but not least, with some types (Jack Daniels for myself), it makes people do things that they really ought to be arrested for, yet are not and then the person realizes that maybe drinking that kind of alcohol isn't a good thing. Kind of like trial and error.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

If you want to be serious about it Paul, what is the difference between drinking and smoking and eating too much bad food and not getting proper exercise... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifSeriously I'll put Fumes Jr. on a bus and you keep him for a month or so and we'll have you drinkin in no time.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I personally enjoy having a couple of cold ones with some friends on a warm summer evening. I leave the "drink 'til you puke" partying for the younger crowd that don't have kids or careers to wake up to in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

my feelings exactly /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i love a cold one or 2 after working all day in the sun. but after that i'm fine, i don't have to have any more. then i switch to water the rest of the night.

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i like my shots of tequila once in a blue moon, but thats all!

drinking is really pointless and not for me, id like to keep my life andorgans and drivers license, yet i literally live around career drunks, they ONLY and ALWAYS drink alcohol from sun up to pass out in evening,365 days a year,literally, they wont live long,im talking severalcases a day sometimes, and minimum average of 12 pack and a half a day. drinking since they were about 13, are in their late 30s-mid 40'snow and aging and crippling fast, you all would freak if i carried a camera around with me at the garage,. my stepdad takes in cans every year they save up and it comes up to around 900 to 1200 bucks total worthof cans at 30 cents a lb. it was about 16 pickup loads stacked up high a fewmonths ago when we took them all in to recycle. he has about half that much saved up again already back there

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I got drunk once at an after-after-baby shower party... with a bunch of 30-40 year olds I worked with at a nursing home /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It started out innocently enough, I was eating tamales and a cheeseburger, drinkin a pepsi... and the hostess handed me a beer and said "here, try this." and I said no, I probably shouldn't (yeah, I'm one of those good caution-freak kids), I gotta go home in a couple hours... How would I explain a DUI to my parents? or getting in a wreck and killing someone /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif... But eventually peer pressure won... all that crap they teach you in school about saying no... all B.S..... Anyway... I drank the beer... it was gross... but, that being my first alcohol ever, I was buzzin... So I said what the hell and cracked open another... then another... then another... then another... then I had the bright idea to call my parents from the hostesses phone (we had caller ID here at the time) and leave a message on the answering machine (I was quite drunk at this point) saying I was at another friends house and would be spending the night.... on a school night (this was about a week after I dropped out) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif...

So I tossed my keys on the table, because although I was drunk, I was somehow still thinking responsibly.... till I had my 6th beer... started dancing all dirty like with the 40 year old , they got it on video... And the next thing I remember (after 6.5 beers, 3 wine coolers, and a few shots of Hot Damn!) is laying on the couch... But they tell me I got back up a few minutes later and started dancing around... then I wanted to go home because I had some ho's and b*tches waiting for me in my room /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif...

I woke up the next morning, threw up... layed down on the bathroom floor... threw up again... layed on the couch... threw up some more... threw up till I had nothing left to offer.... About 6 the next day I was able to get up and go home, and man I felt sick... I'm sure my parents know what I was doing, but they're cool and didn't say anything...

I know most people my age would think it was cool and want to do it again, but I didn't care for it... I wasn't really being me when I was drunk, it was like I wasn't in control of my body... And being sick as a dog the next day was no fun at all... And I got hell about it at work for the next week (earned the nickname, drunky for a short time).... The tape was destroyed, but I am still embarrassed about it, and I still feel guilty about blatantly lying to my parents and disappointing everyone who thought I was a good kid who didn't do stuff like that... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

So I guess I don't see the point of gettin drunk either... A beer here or their I can understand, I'll probably drink a couple myself when I'm of age... But I don't want to experience being drunk again for a LONG time...

12. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

The girl's all get prettier at closin time! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif [mickey gilly]

13. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Well I know when you drink you can surely dance better. Other then that.......... getting shoot faced really is pointless. One reason why I didn't like hanging out with the frat crowd or any group that spend every weekend and all there money on how drunk they can get. Whats the point you don't remember any of it come monday anyway not to mention the worry of how many diseases you may have caught with god knows who. Spend all that money you mine as well give it to someone who could use it doing something else. Least they would remember it lol /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Wow, lotsa replys, but I'm still confuced as to whats so great about getting drunk. I'm not knocking anyone for liking to get buzzed, I'm just asking why you like it. I've been drunk and didn't like it. But I see people getting drunk every weekend. I don't understand what is so enjoyable about it.

15. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I can vouch for that one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Naw, Fumes Jr aint so bad... as long as you get to leave him with Fumes at the end of the evening/afternoon. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't understand what is so enjoyable about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are addicted, others just do it so the can "look" cool and say "I got sh!t faced this weekend". Or "Look at me Im tanked". Not necessarily "enjoyable" but some are followers who think they look cool drunk.

17. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

lets look at this from a different angle... (there's a pun in there, just gotta wait for it)

You have done hard drugs yes? So now drinking is kinda like jerkin off... After all, once you have sex with a partner, jerkin off isnt exactly spectacular. (see... told ya to wait for it)

or we can look at it from an automotive POV...

If you drive a 500hp truck every day, getting into and driving a 250hp pontiac isnt exactly breathtaking. yet if you drove a 100hp honda every day and then climbed into a 500hp truck, you'd [I love Jeeps] yourself.

its all about perspective. Getting shitty drunk isnt my deal... most of the time. Though having a cold beer with a friend after watching his son "rock crawl" the john deere tastes and feels pretty good.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Getting shitty drunk isnt my deal... most of the time. Though having a cold beer with a friend after watching his son "rock crawl" the john deere tastes and feels pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ] I never aquired a taste for beer. It still doesn't taste good to me, LOL. I guess I still don't get it. I see people getting smashed every weekend (That cool, let if they want to) but I don't see whats fun about it. Yeah, I got where your coming from with the 500HP truck and 250HP Pontiac thing, but different dopes had driffernt highs. Even with meth (My biggest problem) the high is different from snorting it, eating it, smoking it, and shooting it up. Shooting it up was the most intence, and smoking it was I didn't get as spunt, but I smoked it for the last 4 years I used it. Well enough of that. I guess I'm still having a hard time with dealing with my comman law wife's death. Just tryin' to see what she liked so much about it. It bothers me that I wasn't able to help her stop drinking. I tried so hard, but she wouldn't stop. I miss her so much. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

19. powerbitch

powerbitch Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Well I know when you drink you can surely dance better.

well i sure know i can dance when im drunk thats the only time i get drunk is when i feel like dancin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm still confuced as to whats so great about getting drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. No one blames you for being an ass.

2. You don't remember being an ass.

3. You don't feel anything when you get your ass kicked for being an ass.

4. It doesn't matter that your breath smells like an ass.

5. Your driving skills improve even though you're drunk on your ass.

Seriously, I only drink to excess. I never drink before noon. And I never drink more than I can hold.

No really, now I'll be serious... Hold on while I get another beer...

Geeesh I had to drive to the store. I ran out of beer... OK where were we now? OH! ya we were talking about sex... I never go home with a woman who's name I don't know. I like women who can get greasy and chug a beer without throwing up every five minutes. Excuse me miss, what was your name again? [​IMG]