Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Honk!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTMike, Oct 2, 2005.

1. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Clicky

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

LOL, what are they using? That thing must be LOUD!!!

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I went to the website that was on the bottom - www.hornblasters.com
    4 horns, 100psi, 148-152db :eek1: :eek1:

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

sounds like a pumped up set of train horns,,,truckers have been runnin them alot lately,,,i wanted a set for my rig, but never got around to it :(

either way,,,i like it, was thinkin about installing some on the Burb :D

5. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I might get a set of those for my duelly. Thanks!

6. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

If I did that to my vehicle, I'd instead put a bunch more in, but at a slightly lower pressure and set up a keyboard so I could play music with them!

Speaking of huge horns, take a look at this:

[​IMG]

Taken sometime in 1929 or 1930, these are going into the largest pipe organ in the world (even today), located in Atlantic City, NJ's Boardwalk Hall Auditorium Organ. This organ still exists today, but it's fallen silent due to age, but efforts are underway to restore it. When it was playing, it was capable of drowning out and overpowering ANY normal sound system that was put in the auditorium it was speaking into, even modern day systems! This organ has a particular stop, the Grand Ophicleide, that's six-times louder than a steam locomotive whistle! Check it out here at www.acchos.org!

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: I probably got the cops called on me for laughing so damn hard to that video! Almost $600 for that kit though...although...that would be a whole lot of fun. Get those and put 'em in a Metro. LMAO

Jesus, inu! That organ's friggin huge!! Some organs make sounds lower than the human ear can actually hear, so you could hit a note on the thing and it would just shake your body.

8. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Which is exactly what some of the stops on that organ are designed to do! Rattle your insides!!! Its got one stop too where the lowest sounding pipe is 64-feet tall (one of only two organs in the world with that), while the highest sounding pipe on that same stop is 16-feet tall.

Also, back one time during the 80's, the Boardwalk Hall's managers decided to have a 'rock bands vs. organ' competition, where they brought in the loudest playing rock groups they could find, and challanged them to try and play louder than this organ, the organ playing as loud as it could for the condition it was in at the time (parts of it were starting to become inoperative). Even in the slightly inoperative state, the organ still blew every one of those rock bands right out of the water! Almost like the organ was saying to them 'That's pathetic, is that all the volume you got? TREMBLE BEFORE WHAT VOLUMES I CAN PRODUCE!'

Here's an MP3 recording of this organ from a 1998 recording session:

http://www.acchos.org/mp3/adnos.mp3

By this time, the organ was only 33% percent operational, so what you hear in the recording is only 1/3 of what it was actually capable of originally!!! On the recording the Grand Ophicleide stop I mentioned is turned on on the final note!

9. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

thats so funny it hurts!!!!!!!!!!!
    actually i bruised my ribs this weekend so yes its hurts but thats so worth it, i cant stop.