Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Honor And Honesty

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Doesn't it feel great just to be a good person?

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yes it does. It's says a lot about a person when they can hold their head up and not have to look over their shoulder all the time.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I just can't imagine the heavy concious of a liar or a thief anymore. I can't stand being around people who argue and fight. Complete and utter honesty bears no weight on your shoulders.

I feel that if you have done something, be repsonsible for it or be proud of it, whatever the situation calls for. You just can't change it, you can only accept it. If you continue being a good person, your past will be nothing but happy memories.

I just thought of it today, dealing with people, trading, having conversations.

Humility, Honesty, and Honor

My boss said today that he'll let me carry at work now, not that I ever really stopped, just carried deeper. He said he knows me for who I am now, and trusts me completely.

Feels good. Feels better than any theft, fight, free lunch, conquest, or destruction ever.

4. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

wow, he must really respect you to give you the priviledge to carry and trust you to defend him and/or the restaurant. that should mean a lot to you.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Honesty is the best policy..most of the time!

I've always been an honest person..its nice to sleep at night with a clear concience..but I've been taken advantage of by being that way more than once..

There is a story on our local papers front page about honesty--a guy in the next town over (Middleboro MA) had ordered a new snowblower thru a mail order catolog--it came from Ohio,and it arrived the other day while he was on vacation.. When he saw it,he noticed the box had been ripped open and taped up..so he opened it to inspect it,and make sure it was all intact--it was,no parts were missing or anything..

But he noticed a small box that fell out while he was opening the big box the snowblower was in--he figured maybe it was some nuts and bolts,or the operating instruction manual or something..after he put the snowblower in his garage,he opened the small box..it was full of JEWELRY!!--his wife swore it was not fake or costume jewelry!--so he called the place in NH the box was supposed to have been delivered too--and the worried jeweler told him the jewelry was in fact geniune diamonds,and was worth 60,000 dollars!!!! :eek1: :eek1: --

The guy brought them to the police station for safekeeping-the jewler wanted him to bring them himself,but the guy couldn't afford to drive that far,so they agreed to have the police hold them until they could arrange to come get them!--the jeweler sent the guy a 200 dollar check for a reward for being honest..the guy said he could never have cashed them in and lived with the guilt..good to know at least a few honest people still exist around here..we are fast becoming an endangered species.. :crazy:

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Yes, it does. I actually believe that the feeling, .. is the reward, and not by accident. ;)

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

It does feel good, but at the same time, remorse sucks ass :( . Feeling bad about the ****ty things that a person has done, but on a concious level. Much stronger than regret.

8. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

honesty

Yes it does,,In a world full of turmoil and chaos it feels good to hold your head up and feel good about yourself,,being honest doesn't make me the most popular guy all the time,as I pull no punches nor will I lie for others.

Being brutally honest all the time is the best way to guard against a lot of other peoples B/S or half truths.

9. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Some people will not like you for being honest and straightforward, but they will RESPECT you. Personal integrity is something that is sadly lacking in the world today. My grampa would fight a man 2 or 3 times his size for calling him a liar. Many years ago, I was the nightwatchman in a commercial laundrymat. The biggest client was a company called Bluebell. They manufactured Wrangler jeans. After they were complete, they were sent to us to be pre-washed. I'm talking thousands at a time. One night, I caught one of the night crew going out the back door with a big stack of jeans. I told him to turn around and put the jeans back. This was a guy I had partied with, and considered a friend. He said, "If you were my friend, you would just turn around and walk away". I countered with, "If you were my friend, you would not put me in this position." The jeans were returned under protest.