Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hood cable

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wirex, Nov 23, 2002.

1. wirex

wirex 1/2 ton status

anybody know a trick to get the hood open on a /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif 85 burb
    just pulled the cable for the hood it felt like it broke
    thanks gino@wire-x.com

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

if ya can get in there and pull some of the cable out (feed it through the grill)and cut off enuff to be able to get a good hand on it, you can pull and open the hood that way. this is what i did with my 90' s10 when the same thing happened to me.hope this helps and good luck.

3. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

this used to happen to me all the time, and it was just not lubed enough. hit the hood fairly hard right on top over the drivers side head light, and it should pop. try it a few times. if it works, then grease the heck out of the latch and the hinges. mine did it so often i ended up going to hood pins.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. wirex

wirex 1/2 ton status

hi thanks for the info i had my son pull on the release handle inside the door and i hit the top drivers side of the hood very fast little hits and it poped open
    what happened was the little led crimp on for the cable
    slid a 1/8 inch so i took a fishing split shot and crimped it on in front of it hit the release lock with some wd40 and some grease it works 100% also now i have the hood open
    i made a tool to slip between the grill and pop the release
    everyone thanks again /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif http://community.webshots.com/user/wirex