Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hood hinges dont work..HELP!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by outlaw612, Sep 4, 2001.

1. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I just bought a set of new hinges from LMC. Got them put on and they wont hold up the hood! Whats up? Is this a common problem? What can I do to fix this?

2. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Well I would check to see if they are tightend down first and if they are try looking in the catalog to see if you have the right ones or call them Im sure theyll help you out also is it a stock hood or is it a cowl induction

1985 GMC JIMMY

3. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Im assuming you mean to se if te bolts to the fender and hood are tight and they are. They are the correct ones, (right # and look like the originals). Also, it is the original hood. Im gonna call LMC but thought someone here might have some ideas. Didnt know if this was a common problem or if its just my luck running south again!

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Did ya get the round snail lookin' springs that go on them? '82s take 4 hinges - 2 that mount to the fenders w/springs and two that recess down into the firewall. You probly know that already.

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>