Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hood insulation stickum?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arnold88, Oct 19, 2000.

1. arnold88

arnold88 Registered Member

I sprayed my hood liner with water after my last muddin' excersion. Now, of course, it's sagging. Anyone have a cheap trick idea on how to glue it back up in place?

[​IMG] Great works are never finished [​IMG]

2. Flipper

Flipper Registered Member

Carefully pry plastic retainers (christmas trees)and dry it out on a flat surface with old books plywood whatever,
    If it's ripped it will never stay up but the key is having those wide dished retainers tight up in the hood, ya might have to order some at the dealer but it will be worth it.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Forget who it is, but someone on this site has replaced his original matting with silver heat reflective padding from JC Whitney, and held it in place with the original push in retainers. Looked terrific..........

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I sell A Dynamat Hoodliner that is self adhesive and you can use the original pushpinthingys. I dont remeber the cost off the top of my head, but I do know that it works great. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com