Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hood problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DieselDan, Sep 1, 2003.

1. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

I was dickin around with the TV cable (POS 700R /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif). 'Went around the block to check the shifts and I didn't have the hood fully closed. Well of course it flys open at about 25-30 mph. I try to look nonchalant closing the hood in the middle of the street /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I hear the hood take a bite out of the cowl as slam it shut; so much for the fresh paint /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Back at the house, I try to adjust the hood away from the cowl. But now it sits low on the passenger corner. I played with it for an hour, it still sits a little low.

Any advise? Besides make sure the hood is fully closed before driving /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

your up down adjustments for the back of the hood are where the hinge bolts to the firewall and fender, not the hood.

if the hinge has gotten tweaked, one old bodymans trick is a 2x4 or block of wood strategically placed (for yours prolly laying from cowl to fender in the corner behind the hinge) then slowly close the hood till appropriately tweaked.

hope that helps... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Anything helps. Do I have to pull the fender to get to the hinge bolts? It's been awhile since I had the whole front end apart. 'Guess I'll try beating on my Jimmy with a 2x4 some more /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

if i remember correctly, there are 2 going into the firewall, one low, one high. then theres one going into the fender perpindicular to those 2. so, no fender removal. try loosening all of those and raising the hinge.

sounds like you may need a trip to the boneyard for a new hinge tho /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

good luck man /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

DAMN, on top of it all... I turned <font color="blue"> blue </font> /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif