Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hood questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5-newf, Sep 30, 2006.

1. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

I got a few ideas / questions about hoods for my truck. I always see stock hoods or cowl's. I want to do something little different to mine i got a shaker hood scoop off a 70's 80's trans am but think it will look like **** on the truck. Also i dont plan using them stupid glue on lund hood scoops lol sorry to any one that uses them . Its so hard to be different these days. Might just fab up a tiny scoop with a inch of opening or somethign. Ideas and suggestions are welecome.

Thanks Jason

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

fyi on the hood scoop . if its in good condition with no real cracks or such. those fetch good money on ebay.

if you want more air flow just grab 2 air cleaner basses and remove 1 side snorkle and flip it around and install it on the other base and then get a sec air tube to the core support. pop the hole and bam dubble the air flow. forced to the air filter.

3. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

mainly lookin for looks just to personalize a bit and make it stand out and be different from every other truck chev or gm truck

4. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i was actually thinking about doing this, but my wife wont let me.
    i wanted to make my k5 like the dog van from dumb and dumber!! but thats just me

5. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

lol burn