Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hood Tach

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Feb 24, 2005.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Does anyone know where to get a hood tach, that doesnt say ford, pontiac, or mopar across it? In my quest to be different(breaking 2 th400s isnt different enough), Im thinking about using an old musclecar one, the one with the raised 'bubble' over the back of it (makin it look aero), on my new cowl induction hood. Anyone know where to get one? The only replacement ones Ive seen are for firebirds and mustangs and they have those respective emblems silkscreened onto them. Ive seen some NOS mopar ones on ebay (about fainted from price), but even they had mopar silk screened in. Anyone know of a aftermarket piece? Thanks guys. Chris.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

http://ultimategto.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?type=show&pic=/2004/04_00034_1
    That is a hood for the GTO, says it houses any aftermarket 2 1/16" guage. If you have an experience with fiberglass maybe you could mold your own onto your hood. Just cut a couple layers with a 2 1/16 or so hole and mold some aero "ramp" in front of it. I say "just" but I've never worked with fiberglass yet.

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

How are you killing the TH400's?
    Thanks
    Adam

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

They used to make an aero style aftermarket hood tach back in 1992 but I couldn't locate it. The closest thing I could come up with is Year One.

Go to Year One and look up part number P57 which is a GSX Hood Tach for all models. You can always call and ask if it has any kind of Buick logo on it. I didn't see one but it's hard to tell from the pic.

Couldn't find one at Summit, Jegs, or JC Whitney but I only looked for about 15 minutes.