Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hook coming off tbi?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by inscape, Jun 30, 2004.

1. inscape

inscape Registered Member

There's 3 linkages to the throttle, 2 are cables and one is a plastic sleeve with a metal rod in it and a hook on the end. I don't see where it's suppose to connect to, TV cable? The tranny shifts fine so I don't know. I tried looking for a Chiltons manual, but only see them for an 87 and not 89, is there one?

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i believe that goes to the cruise control. there should be a diaphram a couple inches behind the throttle that it hooks to.

3. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I agree! there should be a diaphram about 4 or 5 inches back from it where the hook should just drop right into a little metal ring attached to the diaphram. The other side(tbi side) is adjustable and just pops on w/ a little clip to hold it on.

4. inscape

inscape Registered Member

Thanks, I had to use pliers to vripm the hole around the hook so it would stay on. Another question, do ti spacers work? A couple different ones advertised 15+ hp, 22+ hp, better gas mileage etc. Is that true? I just have the stock intake setup, just replaced the filter today though.

5. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Your not going to notice super horsepower gains that you would by adding a better cam or heads, but I noticed a smoother and stronger acceleration and some better fuel economy. At least that is what I experienced w/ mine.
    Turbocity and CFM sell the best spacers. I bought the CFM kit w/ adjustable fuel regulator, injector kit, injector spacer, air-flow enhancer and 1" spacer. Warning, be carefull w/ the 1" spacer. It raised my TBI lines and caused one to rub against my body. Needless to say it caused a fuel leak and I had a small fire happen from it. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif but easily fixed.

Turbocity
    CFM Technologies