Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hookups at a Honda dealer?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by grumpy, Dec 29, 2002.

1. grumpy

grumpy 1/2 ton status

I need to buy an exhaust manifold for my 98 Civic and my dealer wants $600. Can any one get me a better price?
    Thanks,
    David

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Wow! sounds like it would be cheaper to buy a header for it! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. grumpy

grumpy 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about that too. It looks like the converter is attached though. I have to remove all the shielding to be sure.
    David

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Those Honda's are pretty popular, I bet you could find a kit or something to put one on.

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Not sure the model(CX,VX,ect.) you have but most do have the warm up cat. as part of the manifold. Especally the Cali. emmis. cars. I'll check my price for ya. Just tell me the model and motor, and weather its Cali. emissons or not. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. yukon guy

yukon guy Registered Member

I had a 97 hatchback cx that i took the stock manifold off and put a header on it and it did not pull any codes. I just put the o2 sensor in a dirty rag and she ran better than new. I dont know how you would do it being in cali with those dumb emission laws. Just check the local junk yards for one for like a $100. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif