Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hope this was the problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big pappa b, Mar 31, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

With ECBB rapidly approaching I realized I have a slight cooling problem. It doesn't get REAL hot but hotter than I would like. I can run it for 10 minutes or so and the temp creeps up to 205-210*. I don't know if it goes any higher cause I've always shut it off. I was hoping maybe there was a 195* thermostat in it. I eliminated the easy stuff. I have a new 4 core rad, full shroud, new hoses and cap, no water in the oil. I bought a new 180* thermostat hoping that would be it. Have it installed now but need to wait til tomorrow after work to try it out. If this don't fix it I could be a bystander at ECBB.
    I know the water pump is working cause I see it circulating with the cap off. Once I get this fixed then it's on to the anti-wrap bar..my real concern

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Could the temp gauge be off Bryan? Maybe a system flush?

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh I say check the gauge, and 205-210 aint that bad, if it starts gettin 225 then yeh its a prob. It may just like 210, and thats where it wants to run.

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

We will see tomorrow. All new coolant was in it, and no air pockets either. Guages are almost new and they worked just fine before. I just don't like the idea of my big block getting overly warm