Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hopefully my last 205 question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mr_clean, Feb 11, 2005.

1. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

I'm just about done rebuilding my 205 and had a quick question. (Ok, maybe 2)

1. When I assembled the rear output shaft and set the cast iron output shaft housing over the shaft, the oil deflector part of the housing touches the gear on the shaft. Is this supposed to be like this? When I put it back in the case I don't feel/hear it rubbing, but on the bench it clearly touches.

2. Again on the rear output shaft. In regards to the needle bearings inside the shaft (not the ones between the gear and shaft), there is a washer and a wire clip. What is the order of installation for those parts? I'm hoping it's bearings, washer , then wire clip to hold it all together, but the bearings fell out when I disassembled it so I couldn't see for reference.

Thanks for all the help,

Scott

2. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

For question number 1 I need more info, unclear what you are talking about.

For question number 2, it's bearings, washer, bearing and wire clip. Use a bunch of bearing grease to hold it all together while you are putting it back together.

Rob

3. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help, and sorry about not being clear.

on the output shaft housing where the breather is located. Inside the housing is a ledge that looks like its only purpose is to deflect oil from reaching the breather. That part of the housing hits the gear when I lower the housing over the shaft assembly.

I'll try to link a picture...

On the second part, I think we might be talking about different roller bearings.
    I'm talking about the bearings on the inside of the shaft where there is only 1 row of roller bearings.

Again I'll try to link a picture

Thanks,

Scott

4. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

ok, here's a link to the article I am using...

http://okcnetworks.com/bronco/205/np1.htm

the picture for question 1 is at step 73. That is the tab I am talking about that is rubbing on the main gear.

the picture for question 2 is at step 82 picture 2, but it looks like that just answered my question. (man I looked all over that article last night... DOH!!!)

Thanks again for the help!!!

Scott