Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hopefully this works

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by the fall guy, May 29, 2005.

1. the fall guy

the fall guy Registered Member

My buddy is going to replace the accel dist. with a rebuilt stock one. Ever since i replaced the distributer with a accel it has knowcked and run like crap. Everything was hooked up good but hopefully this will work everything out. Anyone have the same problem?????

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

accel parts SUCK i tryed 2 new dist and coils and no go. but every time i put old worn out gm back in fired up a.o.k. take the accel and trash it. just my opinon and past trubbles.:D

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I am running an Accel distributor and have had zero (0) problems. I have put in heavy springs to slow the mechanical advance and set total timing to 28 degrees. I don't have any knock on an engine that I rebuilt in March.

4. the fall guy

the fall guy Registered Member

I also put heavy springs in the dist. but still knocks and runs bad. idunno. but eveything started when that dist. was put in. Also i turned the vaccum advance screw in the nipple to about 2 turns (they recommend 4) and still sucks.

5. PaloAlto_K5

PaloAlto_K5 Registered Member

My Accel run no prob, truck purrs like a....ok, well rumbles perfectly. Smoother than all the others that I run with out here...