Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hoping someone might be able to help find a part...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5thatShmobs, Feb 27, 2003.

1. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

Im looking for the seal that goes inbetween the front driveshaft yoke and the output shaft itself. Im not refering to the seal that you press into the casing, its the circular black rubber piece that seals up the end of the splines on the shaft.

A GM part # perhaps? I dont think a kragen, autozone, napa type place would have it.

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

If i get the jist of what you are looking for...checker sells them for about $8....PN# BK1...made by SKF....comes with the double lip seal...i believe the dust shield for the axle stub...plastic spacer and the bearing for the inside of the spindle..

DW

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i know what your talking about...not sure what its called though....my good friend who rebuilds t-cases usually throws them out and uses gasket sealer on the splines before he puts the yoke on....

4. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

So maybe I could just put a good bead of RTV on the end of the splines and slip the yoke over it then?

5. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

That's waht I do, put a heavy bead of silicone around the base of the threads on the output shaft. I let it set just a little bit and then tighten the nut to spec. The nut pushes the silicone into btwn the splines.