Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

horn wires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BrianK5, Oct 2, 2001.

1. BrianK5

BrianK5 Registered Member

I'm trying to figure out which wires go to the horn. The original horn was removed and replaced with an air horn by the previous owner, and he cut up all the wires under the dash. It kind of reminds me of spaghetti!
    I can't find a wiring diagram for the horn in any of my manuals, so do any of you guys know what color they are?

Thanks,
    Brian

Brown 1985 K5 Blazer<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by BrianK5 on 10/02/01 09:28 PM.</FONT></P>

2. mine are green. the ones that actually plug into the horn.

<font color=blue>"What does mine say?"
    "SWEET! What does mine say?"
    "DUDE!" </font color=blue>

3. BrianK5

BrianK5 Registered Member

Thanks, Blue Beast. The wires going to the horn are green on my Monte Carlo, also, so now I've just got to find some green ones in the mess under the dash.

Brian

Brown 1985 K5 Blazer

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You have of course checked to make sure the horns are plugged in already, and that the horn setup under the steering wheel center cap is connected? How baout fuses (if any, can't remember) Just some trouble saving ideas.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen