Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Horny trouble

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chevy305, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I have been having some trouble with the horn since I got the truck and inspection is coming up so I need to solve this soon. I installed a new horn and it worked for a while but now it doesn't. Not even the usual "click" from the fuse box is heard. I think I might have fudged up the contacts in the column when I fixed the turn signal. But it has worked once or twice since then. But now not even a click so I guess that means the power doesn't make it to the fuse box? :doah: I'm a little lost, someone know a few things about the horn?

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

check for power at the horn while somebody pushes the horn contacts.

then backtrack from there.

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Horn relay could be bad

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I second the relay. I think on most models it's mounted seperate from the fuse box, I believe mine used to be on the FBHP up high, right in front or above the parking brake lever. Later models might be different.
    Horn itself is easy enough to test though, 2 wires, one to battery 1 to ground, see if it sounds.