Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hospitals suk

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eds77k5, Mar 13, 2005.

1. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

:mad: i take my wife to emergency, 104 temp and vomiting, day one;
    me: has the doctor seen her yet?
    nurse: dont know
    me: is she getting better?
    me: will she have to stay another night?
    me: well, what are you treating her for?
    nurse: fever and vomiting

day two; walk in the room and now wife is on oxygen
    me: she seems to be getting worse

walk to nurses station;
    me: my wife in room 519, can you tell me her status?
    nurse: are you a family member?
    me: uh, yeah, husband
    nurse looking at chart: well i cant really tell you anything
    me: why, is it top secret?
    nurse: blah, blah blah, de blah, viral infection, blah blah
    me: ok, thanks

cant tell me anything and dont know whats wrong with her, doctors here suk and so do the hospitals

end of rant, thanks for viewing:mad:

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yes they sertenly do know how to screw you, if it was me i would stay home and walk it off.
    but the wife i would bring in,

hope she feels better

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Aw man , thats sucks, i hope makes it out ok, and that everything is ok with her. On a side note,,, i hate hospitals with a passion. I think they are the most evil corporate buch of rip offs on this planet. I can tell you why. I had medical covearage, it was supposed to be a good plan,,, for all of my family, and one day i went to work and was having trouble breathing, intense pain in my back and neck, i just had to go .

So i get there, spent an hour an a half in the waiting room feeling like im going to die, finally, they sent me back there to get checked out. They hook me up to these machines, they all flocked me like a bunch of magpie buzzards with there little clippboards and pens and equipment, i had to sign like 5 things while they all used there "specialty" equipment on me, to find out what was wrong. I diddnt think anything of it when they asked me to sign, i trusted them, they were the hospital for heavens sakes. I was in there for a total of 4 hrs, almost exactly.I was feeling better after the first hour, and asked if i could leave,but they made me stay for the full 4 hrs . The person next to me was a bum asking "Doc , i need more pills, i need more pills" . Just faking the crap out of things to get high on some damn pills.He probobly had some medicare goverment insurance that diddnt cost him anything.

Anyway,,turnes out i only had Bronchitis. They needed all these machines and all this high tech BS stuff to diagnose a case of brochitus. So i left the hospital with a perscription for some antibiotics, and all was well. **** I THOUGHT**** ....

The next month i get a bill in the mail for 6000.00 and some odd dollars. So im thinking, no, this cant be, i had insurance. It cant be,,,, i was only in there for 4 hours. I only had bronchitus , and i had to wait for almost 2 hrs before i could even be seen. So i call down there and ,,,sure enough, they claim i owe them 6k in medical bills. THATS 1500.00 an HOUR DUDE!!!! FOR WHAT????? Turnes out everything i signed was some commision pay for the "specialty" rip off uneeded treatment , and them using there machines. For some reason, my medical coverage only covered a portion of it. I was responsible for the rest.

Ok, now,,,,,, on top of the 1500 an hour of charging the hell out of me for basically playing with there equipment on me , to diagnose bronchitis, these people are ruthless,....

.... legally you cant dispute them , or even take them to court no matter what the case, to argue that kind of money, i couldnt find a layer in town that even said it was possible to take them to court.They all told me the hospital is protected from that sort of thing. WTF??????

Ok i owe 6k still, and im freaking out alright. I just ignored that bill and diddnt pay a dime, i thought the insurance money they got paid already,,( well over 10k) was plenty enough for them, and they could just kiss my ass. I basically told them to stuff it. Lol

A few months pass, some collection agency keeps calling me , turnes out they can take my house, tax my wages, take all that i own legally WITH interest and just totally destroy everything ive earned. With interest.

I had to pay 6 grand in the end, in payments, it happened in 2002 , and i just made our last payment of 300 bucks this month. It took 3 years ,,of 300 bucks a month. All for 4 damn hours in the ER for a case of bronchitus.....All the while the bum next to me is asking for more pills , free medical coverage , and i have to pay 6k. These hospitals are corporate demons in my book. They almost took me under . I cant beleive even to this day how they can get away with this crap. But they are, there doing it, and there doing it in a way that they cant even be taken to court for some justice. Im sorry but 1500 an hour for the lame treatment i got is just out of line. They will leave you defensless and pennyless , and mabey even homeless. I though the doctors were there to HELP before that, i used to look up to them in a way before, ,,but now i think there all a bunch of magpie buzzards feeding off the sick people who have no other choice. Hospitals can go to hell in my book.

Sorry if this diddnt help with your situation,,, i really do hope she is ok, i wish you guys the best,i just have a deep hate for hospitals, so i can relate with you there,,crappy treatment and nurses , powertrip egomaniacs looking to feed on the sick people. I hate them too bro. Jacob :)

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

BTW does anyone want to go kill some doctors with me? :haha: Id like to hook one of those guys up to a shock treatment device while giving him some laughing gas and just buzz away on one. He wouldnt know whether to cry or to laugh :haha: ,, Im sorry they just took all my money at the time, and i hate them for that. :)

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Very sorry to hear about your wife, hope she is much better soon. Dont allow them to put you off, Dr's and hospitals have become very good at putting people off, hoping they will go away. Be firm, assertive and confident and tell them you need to know what they feel might be wrong with your wife. Dont leave until you have the info you need. Its unfortunate but many times its the squeaky wheel that gets the grease in the medical field.

6. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Is this why they call it "practicing medince".? Just joking hope she is alright. I've had good and bad luck with hospitals but hell if they want my house for the back bill they can take it just not my truck, tools or dog.

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Been there before. At times like that, you just have to get loud. Some doctor will pop up to see what is disturbing his coffee break, then you can get some answers.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If there is one group of people on this planet more deserving of a professional wrassling chair shot than the men and women of the medical field, I can't name them................................ :mad:

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It's much better in small towns. They keep trying to force codes and regs here, and we keep telling them to **** off. Even in Pierre, it's pretty nice.

Oh, Hi Pinion, you have to admit you did sign some documents. I never sign ****, and if I need to to get things over, I just scribble. I scribbled all over my, "you can search me for weapons at school" thing too. That ended in a spectacular way.....

10. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I hope that your wife is alright. Hospitals keep me employed in building them. Have for 5 years now. But......................last year I was building one, the inside of this "Hospital" is like the best damn hoter that I have never have been able to afford staying in. WTF? They charge the insureance company outrageous amounts for that kind of wasted useless amemnities? It's a public hospital by the way. Greedy Mo fo's. I'll build them, and use them if I need too, but waste waste waste. There is little wonder why they are sooooooo expensive.

11. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

what i found out is there is some kind of virus going around here and she has it and some other things goin on at the same time, she will probably be in the hospital for awhile, i just hope the insurance pays, thanks for all the replys

12. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

You wouldn't happen to be going to Providence Centralia, would you? That place is about worthless.

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Oh hye, sorry for not thinking about your wife, that's really too bad, There seems to be a lot of bad virus going around my town too.

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i could have not said it better myself. doctors and lawyers are both ass wipes:mad:

15. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

eds77k5 - If that happens to you again at the nurse's station, mentally note the name of the slacker nurse, then politely demand to see the "charge nurse". That's the head nurse on duty in that unit. Pull him/her off to the side, and explain the situation calmly and politely, being sure to slip so-and-so's name in as the person who wouldn't or couldn't help you. If this doesn't help, openly pull out your pen and paper that you brought with you, and start writing down the names of ALL the nurses on duty; you should see a board on the wall somewhere behind the nurse's station with all the assignments. Start writing down a summary of what was said by everyone. By this time, if the charge has half a brain, he/she'll figure out that you're not f**king around, and will bend over backwards to ensure you get the info you need about your wife.
    Best of luck to your wife during this rough time.

hi pinion - You can thank the people who came up with the idea that hospitals should make a profit, like other businesses, and should be run as such.

Bubba - I'll ignore your implied desire to hit my wife (a Licensed Practical Nurse) over the head with a chair...
    I'll agree that there's plenty of doctors who are misery-loving sharks, and plenty of nurses who should be chair-beaten, but not everyone in the medical field is a waste of oxygen.

16. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

If you are being told "no" or "I don't know" you are not speaking to someone high enough. Keep asking for their boss until you get the answers you need. Writing things down is good, puts them on notice. Date what you write down and their name. Make it a notebook with other stuff in it. This protects you as they can not (I'm told) subpena a notebook with stuff in it that is not related to the case should there be one.

Hi Pinion, it might not stand in court, but technically you signed those papers under "duress." Plenty of case law where such signings have been held to NOT be legal.

17. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

What I think sucks most of all is you can't trust anyone anymore. I remember the pediatric doctor we used to go to as a kid would bend over backwards for us as he knew if we didn't like him we'd go find someone else to give our money to. Even the hospitals when I was a kid were great.

This is weird see below.:o

18. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Hope your wife gets better soon!!!

What I think sucks most of all is you can't trust anyone anymore. I remember the pediatric doctor we used to go to as a kid would bend over backwards for us as he knew if we didn't like him we'd go find someone else to give our money to. Even the hospitals when I was a kid were great.

On the flipside though, when the twins were born we didn't have two extra pennies to rub together so the state picked it up. This turned out to be a good thing as our daughter Elora had to spend her first week in intensive care. What I did find abhorrent though was the bill totalled something like 45 thousand dollars (!!!) when it was all said and done. What they did for that sum of money is beyond me but we do have two gorgeous little pains in the butt that I am thankful to the good tax paying citizens of Arizona everyday for helping bring into this world.

19. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I sorry to hear of your hospital problems. I've been working in the medical field for about the last 8 years and one thing I have found is that in many ways smaller is better as long as they are able to provide a necessary service. In the small communities you do do get some MDs who couldn't make it in the large hospitals but at the same time you also get those people who could make way more money in a large metro area but choose small due to the lifestyle. Myself I don't have it it me any more to do continous care on severly premature infants. Thats why it's nice to stabilize and ship(yes I do get called in to do this when others can't). Currently there are some very virulent viruses out that come on fast and can quickly escalate into life threating situations and no we don't have a cure or preventative for them yet. But your concerns about your wife is warranted and you do have the right to look at her chart(although the may tell you HIPPA regs won't allow it) if you ask. Be persistant with her caregivers(I love calling an MD @ 2am:cool1: ) in getting your questions answered in laymans english not medicalese.
    And as far as Bubba want to hit all of us in the head with a chair it wouldn't be the first time someone has tried and failed. Just remember we're always open to take care of all the police and firefighters when something goes wrong and they need help. Don't get me started on the high cost of it. my insurance sucks and there's nothing better than taking care of someone whose problem is self induced/inflicted and realizing that your working on someone to pay taxes, to pay for someone in the hospital that your taking care of who can't/won't/don't have to pay:confused: . Great system huh?
    Everyone out there stay healthy! I need a vacation:D OLD DAWG

20. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Well I hope she gets better soon. If they took her overnight, it must be fairly serious.

If I can make you feel any better about the powers that be, my wife had a great night at the hospital last monday night.
    We were in a freaky flash blizzard, I was at work (over an hour from home), my wife home with my daughter and son. My son jumped off a chair, or stood on a toy stool or something, fell down and nailed his head on a cast iron radiator and split it open pretty good. My wife drove him to the ER around 6-6:15, he got a staple in his boo boo, and they were home by 8, before I was even out of my severely delayed train. I even got an email ready to send my boss saying why I couldn't come in the next day cause I expected to be at the hospital til after midnight.
    Other times, in particular when my wife was in with heart palps, I have seen the same hospital's ER people be quite evasive and vague.

Well I certainly hope things get better and insurance handles it. You're in my prayers brother. :thumb: