Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hot Rods?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Ryan B., Apr 23, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

How about other toys... Hot Rods?
    Anything with blowers, nitrous, dual quads....etc?

I know DesertDueler has a nitrous 10 second firebird, and 4X4HIGH has a blown 468 for a nova for sale.....
    I saw a picture of chevyracing holding a highrise and dual quads....

Who else has a mean machine?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: Hot Rods? (Update)

It's not completed yet, but I've got a 81 Corvette with a (aftermarket) ZL1 427. I'm planning on supercharging it. {Well, I ended up selling the ZL1 427. I'm currently planning on a monster 383 stroker.}

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

1940 chevy coupe
    not even close to being done. full custom front to back top to bottom/forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    just a 30 over 350 with a TH400 12 bolt rear
    77 camaro front and rear suspension
    plans will include air bagged front and rear, 17" ralleys
    it currently has camaro side markers for turn signals, I will install either 67-69 firebird tail lights or zr-4 vette lights.
    headlights will be new camaro or olds lights.
    interior is full custom too.
    I might suicide the doors too. don't really want to,LOL

my dad has a 1929 sedan that we will start once I get the 400 rolling
    his will be a 350 with a manual, 10 bolt rear. mustang front and 4 link rear air bagged. chopped top and suicide doors.

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Just reading this thread gives me the I wants...er the I NEEDS, ya thats it I need it.

5. ABO

ABO Registered Member

It's not the fastest thing on the road...yet, but I have a 1972 Cutlass S that I'm trying to restore. Right now it's got the 350, 350th set up. I'm in the process of building a 455 for her. Getting there, just takes some time and alot of $.

6. ibrakeformud

ibrakeformud 1/2 ton status

my only vehicle right now is a 68 camaro and thats why im lookin for a blazer. 468 big block turbo 400 tranny built for a nitro drag car. pollyurethane bushings 150 shot of nos. and if you look when you open the hood you wont see it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. want to put a 5 speed in it and i will if i can get enough for my tranny. and shall be on the road in about at longist 2 month now that i have a job

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I guess you could consider my 76 Trans Am a hotrod, once I get it going, that is...... It's got a 400/TH400 combo. The 400 is built with an Erson RV cam, 350 6x heads, Holley 1850 650cfm 4-barrel, Hedman headers, and some Moroso plug wires. TH400 tranny has be built to be bulletproof and converted to manual kickdown. 2800 stall converter, Safe-T-Track rearend, and some other good stuff. Now just to get it running.......

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

My hot rod is in the garage... LOL. Ryan you know what I'm talkin about /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Only hot rod I have now is my '77 crew cab.Factory hi per 4bolt 454 .030 over,272/284 Crane cam,factory Holley high rise 4bbl. with 4 speed trans.This thing will get sideways in 3rd.I am thinking of building a rod though.If you check out my post of found in the field.There is a 65 pontiac tempest wagon that is solid.I have visions of a 454/700R4 combo.Tub the rear slap some Mickeys under her and roll!!

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am with you on the nitrous. I am thinking about putting in the GM 454HO or 502HO crate in my truck next, with a 175 shot of nitrous so I can screw with the ricers. Unfortunately I will also need a 4L80E to handle that much power. So my hotrod Jimmy is a long way away.

Just imagine what a ricer would think when a 5000lb truck left them off the line (454 & 4.56 gears) then when they thought they could catch up hit the nitrous and just leave them cyring in the Jap Crap.

Personally I think nitous is cheating, but the looks on the faces of those ricers would be totally worth me cheating. Beside they are going to be cheating too.

11. ibrakeformud

yeah i think its cheating to yous nitrous to but now a days almost everyone is running it. but most of them dont care they let it sit out in the open. not me its ganna be hidden. pop the trunk no bottle just a speaker box with 2 12s in it but the bottle will be in the box in its own little box. and the lines ran up the center of the car on th eunder side and then the lines go bye bye. bbc 468 4oo trans 150 shot nos possi simi drag tires.10 point cage 5 points no back seat 2 1/2 pipe with edelbrock mufflers turn downs 295/50r15 on the rear and nothin up front right yet. soon to be pizza cutters

12. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I love Nitrous. I dont hide it, no need to. Nobody will race me around here anyways, except for those damn ricers that always want to race. My Firebird has a stock Pontiac 350, 2 barrel heads cast #47, stock forged cranks and rods, small cam, performer rpm intake, Holley 750. Turbo 400, good rebuild with $25 B&M shift kit, 10 bolt with 3.70 gears and Auburn posi. The car with me in it weighs 3550 lbs. IT runs 11.40s on a 150 shot, and last ran a 11.10 on a 200 shot, but blew the torque converter into pieces and stripped all the torque converter bolts /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Its a solid high 10 sec. car, and soon will see low 10s.

Dan

13. ibrakeformud

that looks like a nice car. the only reson my nitrous will be hidden is so when i get pulled over thats just 1 less thing i get a ticket for.my nitrous kit will be in the air cleaner and it will look like a vacum hose going into the air cleaner but its really a line for the nitrous. hehe /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

14. DesertDueler

Thanks David. As for nitrous it is legal as long as the bottle isnt open /forums/images/icons/smile.gif A remote bottle opener will fix that problem.

Dan

15. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I plan on hiding the plate and solenoids under the stock style GM air cleaner. I am soon to have dual cool air intake tubes on it thanks to DesertDueler, and it covers up the carb really well. If there are any exposed lines, I will hide them inside of fuel line or vacuum tubing so nobody knows the difference. They will know something is up when I am running 12 second quarters in a fullsize Jimmy though. For the bottle, I havn't figured out where that is going yet, but I will. And it will be well hidden too.It will probably sit inside a nonremoveable toolbox or something. And I will have to get one of those remote switches to open and close the bottle.

16. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Hell yeah, Dan! That's what I'm talking about! 11s with a Pontiac 350! Man, you're my new hero. Wish my Pontiac 350 ran like that(or ran good at all!).

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I don't have one now but I used to have a 64 Malibu SS, man that car was fast. It had a 65 327 bored 60 over with a Muncie 4 speed and a 12 bolt rear that would smoke the rear tires. It handeled real good to for what it was. I replaced all the suspension componets with tubeler pieces and poly and put in coilovers at a four corners. I had to get rid of it or lose my license.

18. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

My hot rod is a truck ('79 GMC 1/2-ton 2wd). Last summer I built a 400 small block for it. Here are a few of the specs on it. Block was bored .030 over and decked .010, it has 5.7" Eagle I-beam rods, TRW forged flat tops, hi-vol oil pump, 8-quart pan, ARP bolts on everything, Comp hyd-roller cam, roller lifters (of course), roller rocker arms, Dart pro-1 aluminum heads, Holley street dominator intake, Holley 750 double pumper carb, MSD pro-billet distributor, MSD 6AL box, Hedman hedders, dual 3" pipes with dynomax mufflers, 350-turbo tranny with a B&M shift kit, posi rear end with 3.73 gears. And the air conditioner still blows cold. Damn I love horsepower !

19. DesertDueler

Yea, I love telling people I have a Pontiac 350. All I hear in return is you should get a 455 or at least a 400, you will never get it to go fast. Then next thing you know I spank their 455 and put them back on the trailer /forums/images/icons/smile.gif And of course I drive mine home after the nights through.

Dan

20. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

LMFAO!!!!
    THat is Great!!!!