Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HOT SPOT IN TRUCK

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DUKE, Apr 7, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Ok I went out and had a great night with my wife. We go to the drive in movie and i hope in back fold up the rear seat, and the floor underneath is hot as h-e-double hocky sticks. When I got back out it I could smell the heat under the rear fender walls ???? what the heck?

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

maybe muffler??? maybe try a heat shield on the underside above the mufflers?

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

where does your exhaust exit at?
    heat sheild would be a good idea.

4. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

Catylitic converter or missing heat sheild above converter?

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

sounds like you were in my truck! I'd have to say definetly exhaust, mine is actually where the rear passanger puts his/her feet, on the passagner side. My header collectors were flared incorrectly, which causes a build up right at that point. it can melt soles of shoes! Not a good thing when you have a shoe fettish.

Brandy

6. joker89blazer

joker89blazer 1/2 ton status

Is your carb running rich? I had a car that had problems with carb flooding, when car was flooding cat and pipes would turn red from extra heat. Car almost cought on fire once(carpet was burning!).New carb kit fixed problem

7. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

HAHA my mufflers are so close to where you put your feet in the rear seat, that the heat melted the sole of the shoe of my ex-girlfriends little sister's shoe!!!!! - Doug

8. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I do not seem to be missing anything as far at pipes converters or heat sheilding. But I am running rich, I can't smell it but I noticed black smoke today. That raises another question how do I know when I have the mixture right?

9. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

you know the worst part- I have a 3" body lift, and it STILL can do this ...not good with little monster's sitting back their...I have the new collectors, just waiting for the doctor's appointment to have them put on

Brandy