Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hot Wheels BLING!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Oct 3, 2003.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

My Son (OK Me Too... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif ) is big into Hot Wheels cars and trucks... The new 2004 series is out now, and they look stupid. They have giant chrome wheels that are disproportionate to the size of the vehicle. What's sadder, and I'm not making this up, they are called the 'Bling' series!!! No [darn]! I can scan in one of the packages and prove it if I can find one... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

So far the boy seems immune to bling. Likes the Highway 35 World Race Cars and any 4x4 trucks, but otherwise not much interest in the Bling Editions. :whew:

Anyone else out there collect Hot Wheels???

I used to collect them each year but now that the Boy is into them we just buy the ones he digs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Paul 'X'

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

anti-bling..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifbling most suckith.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i have 2 shoe boxes filled with hotwheels still in the packages..mostly muscle cars and the like, one of these days ill build a display case to put them in...

4. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'm more of a matchbox guy my self, all they're cars are more realistic..but i still like the hot wheels

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I usta have a whole bunch of those little cars... I even had one of those mat things with the buildings and stuff... and a bunch of cool ones... I spent hours playing with them... then I spent my days holding races in the back yard and smashing the loser car with a brick /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

And now I only have a few that I've bought in the last few years... I'm getting a small collection of the little car things... I don't keep them in the packaging though, it seems like such a waste to collect them and not be able to play with them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I usta have a whole bunch of those little cars... I even had one of those mat things with the buildings and stuff... and a bunch of cool ones... I spent hours playing with them... then I spent my days holding races in the back yard and smashing the loser car with a brick

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the same thing except I wouldnt use a brick. I would burn the cars up with fire. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I tried burning one once, but at the time I freaked out cuz it got freaking huge (I soaked the thing in gasoline then wrapped it in kleenex which I also soaked /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) and put it out /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I always hid the burned cars so my parents wouldnt find them. I guess I was afraid they would get mad at me for playing with a lighter at a young age. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Just saw the first of the 2004's, and yes they are definately "trendy". With that said, they may hold a higher collectable value if they only produce those monstrosity's this year. Oh yeah, I've got about 350 or so, all unopened, 90% first editions from 1998 on. My son has to have at least a hundred more than that, but he plays w/ his /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

10. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

with all the burning up hotwheels/matchbox talk...ever try bottle rockets? get the small bottle rockets, take the sticks off, and strap like 6 of the rockets to a matchbox car...find a nice piece of smooth pavement..