Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hotels along I-95/85

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Jan 12, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Hotels along I-95/I-85/I-40 = emergency numbers

We will be moving to Asheville, NC next Tuesday. We won't get on the road until 5pm or so and we don't want to do an all nighter. I was planning on staying at a Residence Inn or somoe other Mariott brand hotel since I have points for free rooms :D Just looking for some better (read - low crime) areas to stay in. I don't want to be sleeping in the K5 with my 45 :deal:
    There in one in Durham and Greensboro, NC but thats as far west as I'd like to drive from Delaware in 1 day, especially after a long day working and loading vehicles. I'm really just looking for somewhere to stay overnight that is in between Richmond, VA and Durham, NC
    Any suggestions?

Also, if there isanyone along this route heading towards Asheville, NC that I may be able to call for some assistance if needed it would be appreciated....especially those witha tow vehicle ;)
    thanks

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

The only real place in Virginia along 95/85 that will have much of anything is Petersburg which is close to Richmond so you might as well stay in Richmond. Once you get on 85 there isnt much to chose from.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status