Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hotwiring help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 80K5, Sep 3, 2001.

1. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

I got a chevy malibu classic (station wagon)
    just wondering if anyone knows how to hotwire it since i lost the keys today and i gotta get it on the road asap

Stuck? Isn't that a bird!
    Steve

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Put 12volts on the HEI terminal marked BAT then jump the starter....off ya go....be sure an unlock that steering wheel first.

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You've got the wrong site- I think you should check <font color=blue>www.carthief.com<font color=blue>!!!!!![​IMG]

<font color=blue> MEAN DAD WITH TWO BAD KIDS<font color=blue>

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Rock and a spoon just like the car Theifs do it. Takes about 30 seconds as the cops said when my wifes aunt had not one but 2 Early 80's cars stolen. But let me tell you this. a Cop see the colum busted you will go to jail then they will get around to figuring out that it's your car. Why not call a lock smith and have them make a key. usualy around $60 bucks to get it done.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    79 Chevy Blazer, Her's
    70 Chevy Burb
    Grim-Reaper

5. do you care about your steering column?

if not:

as you look at the steering wheel from the driver's seat, about midway down the column is a split in the column. take a medium screwdriver, pry it in there, and start breaking out chunks of the weak metal it's made of. break enough away until you can see a rod that goes toward the dash, and a c-shaped piece of metal it's sorta attached to. the rod controls the lock/on/start, push it toward the dash and it will start the car. the c-shaped piece needs to be rotated until the steering wheel is freed... that's it.

a friend had an 80's montecarlo, the first time they stole it, he got the new column.... the second and thirs, we'd just go to the junkyard and get one that would work, one was red, another blue, in a black interior. always, the car could be found in the apartment complex by his house, full of beer cans and garbage....

greg ( lost one regency, one '90 fullsize pickup, and they had my mustang running, but the steering was still locked when i scared them off)

PS though nothing can save it from a determined thief, a good column armor can deter most of the 'joyride' thefts...

PSS a friend's company '91 sub was just stolen here in houston ( copperfield home depot, for those of you in houston) and found later that day ( on telephone road, by airport.... do they ALL end up there?) minus about 2700 in tools and such.. wouldn't start, so he went to go get jumpers, they stole the battery while he was gone for five minutes.... buncha savages in this town...