Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Houston area....... Spring Creek SUNDAY.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89BlazerK5, Nov 6, 2003.

1. 89BlazerK5

89BlazerK5 1/2 ton status

a few guys from pavementsucks.com and i think a few from tx4x4? are gonna hit Spring Creek in the Spring/ woodlands area (north houston). this sunday, probably starting early.

here is a write up on the place. i think it's kinda old, and it's got pictures of jeeps in it, so be careful (may not be safe for work) haha j/k.
    http://www.millertek.com/ew_springcreek.shtml

let me know if you wanna come with us.

so far, i think there is me, Hardcore, a lifted TJ, a lifted Z71, another Z71 on rockwells and 44's, and a few others.

let me know if you wanna ride on sunday...

2. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

That place is cool, I have been there several times. The water crossings are different everytime because the creek allways chages with rainfall, but the trails are fun too. Wish I could make it, but Im gonna be finishing up the lift this weekend....please take pics and post them /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I would make it, but have no front driveshaft. I have been going out there allmost every weekend for 8 months. Worlking on finishing my dana 60 and will be ready to go back soon.

4. DieselBurb

DieselBurb 1/2 ton status

There's also this:

[ QUOTE ]
    What: Recovery Class (Getting Unstuck Safely)

When: Sunday, November 9, 2003 1:30PM-4:30PM

Where: Behind McGinnis Cadillac/Hummer on I-10 at Dairy Ashford.

What will be covered:

Necessary and recommended equipment
    Strap usage and safety
    Hi-lift jack usage and safety
    winch usage and safety

There will be demonstrations of the above and all are welcome and encouraged to participate. Bring your mud boots, work gloves and be ready to get stuck and unstuck!!!!!!

We will also be using volunteers to get their vehicles stuck!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Contact Steve Henderson @ http://katy.tx4wd.org

5. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

That looks like it would be pretty cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll be on the way back to LA by then though.

As 89BlazerK5 said, we will meet at Spring Creek between 8 and 9 am on sunday morning. Those who want to tkae it easy can hang around on the beach and in the shallow water. Those who are a little more brave can hit some of the mud bogs and trails. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

More info here:
    http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=28218&forum=35
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

I figured this would happen. The weekend I pick to bring the truck down for the winter ends up being one of the better ones to have it out. Cegusman and I have been out to the creek, like he said just about every weekend for the past 8 or so months. I live right around the corner from there so I can’t help but point the truck that way.

That link you gave is pretty old. I don’t know how long it’s been sense you’ve headed out there but Devils hole is gone and the regular crew out there have cut a few more trails to run. The newer ones aren't marked real well and look like ATV trails (ask the passenger side of my truck about that) so you may have to ask where there at.

We’ll have to try and meet up after we get one of the trucks in one piece and make a run.

7. 89BlazerK5

hows the body damage factor at this place? haha, i aint afraid to wheel, but i dont want to tear up my K5 doing it. its my only vechicle. also, the water crossings aren't that deep are they? i've got 2.5" lift and 33" bfg A/T's. i just spent $1500 and 2 months of labor on my engine, and i aint about to let it take a drink of water. i might pull my carpet out before i go. i've been meaning to do that anyways.

it hasn't rained much lately, so hopefully the creek isn't too bad.

8. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

This weekend the creek should be low, no rain lately. I would still reccomend walking it first or watch other truck or atvs cross it, should be no deeper than knee deep. There are plenty of trails on the main side without crossing the creek. If you cross the creek do not go on top of the spillway, it is trespassing. Body damage can be avoided, just take your time through the trails. Some spots you just have to back up and get a better line.

9. Larry_in_Tx

[ QUOTE ]
    Body damage can be avoided, just take your time through the trails. Some spots you just have to back up and get a better line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless Chris is riding with you...then it’s “you got it just go” CRUNCH! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 89BlazerK5

haha. cool! Larry i got your PM, i cant reply b/c im blue. thanks! we'll let you know if anything happens

11. Larry_in_Tx

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

13. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

okay.......but wheres the K5's?..wheres Chris? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Sorry, my K5 is out of commission right now so I took the Dodge Dakota shown in the pictures.
    Chris's brakes were acting up so he couldn't make it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

15. eldredge

eldredge Newbie

Saw some of your guys out there this last weekend. I was surpised to see that many people in trucks instead of 4 wheelers. I was riding with Mark in the green buggy. I plan on having my k-5 out there next weekend. Hope to see you guys again.

16. 89BlazerK5

yeah, i couldn't make it. oh well, next time, i'm there. maybe when it gets really cold, like in december. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif