Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Houston Area?

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by BowtieBlazer, Jan 8, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I don't know how many Houston "Texans" (haha) check the lonestar board but its worth a shot in the dark....anyone in the houston area feel like meeting up sometime saturday or sunday and shooting the bull I am game... I'll be here till next wednesday doing some odd and in jobs. If not look for me on the highways and interstates...plain white blazer with the big ol' CK5 sticker up front and large HEAVY CHEVY CLUB sticker in back

2. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

I'd be up for that. I haven't been around CK5 very long but it would be cool to put a face to one of the names from here. What side of town are you going to be on?

3. BowtieBlazer

I'm actually on the southside in Pearland. I can drive to wherever to catch up with whomever else wants to meet up or just you. New or not its good to meet CK5'ers I have met lots of cool people from all around the southern US. You're a resident of the area where's a good place to meet up?

4. Larry_in_Tx

Well 30 years in Houston and I still get lost if I leave the north side of town. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I'll have to check it out a bit to find a good spot to meet up. If you where a little closer to my house, the wife volunteered to cook a little something to keep you out of the fast food places but it's a pretty good drive from Pearland to my place. Let me see what I can come up with.

5. BowtieBlazer

Well I am right on 45 for the most part....if that helps...I am game to drive anywhere within an hour's range...if you live close to I-10 on the north side of houston that works as well as I have a friend who lives around Katy so I've been up that way before too...

6. Larry_in_Tx

I'm more toward 290 and HW 6(map). It's not too far from I-10 but still a pretty good trip.

7. BowtieBlazer

Is that beltway 8 that runs into 290 on the map...if I remember right the 610 loop is the inner road I see looping inner houston... From peraland its like 43.7 miles but 1hr 7min...not too bad, if thats beltway 8 that hits 290 / hwy 6 around there it will probbaly be much easier as I have access to an EZ TAG and am about 5min from a beltway 8 merge ramp...45 is also about 5min away...

Also any certain day work out better...I have plans saturday around 3-5 but thats about it... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I just checked mapquest and the tollway is 3 miles longer but 10min shorter of a trip /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Larry_in_Tx

Yes that is the beltway and that would be the easiest way to go. If you take 45 you have to exit here...merge there...it can be a pain if you're not too familiar with Houston's freeways. On the beltway all you have to do is hang a left when you get on, and exit when you get to 290.

As far as what day, it really doesn't matter to us. I'd say since you're the one making the haul up here it depends what day you want to take a drive.

9. BowtieBlazer

What about tomorrow?(saturday) I guess I will shoot to be there between 6 and 6:30.. Will that work?
    We can either go grab a bite to eat somewhere or if your wife is offering to cook I am game for that as well. I'm not a picky eater at all...so anything will be good I'm sure.
    Would you want to meet me off of whatever exit it is that I need to take off of 290 and I'll play follow the leader through the neighborhoods?

I can be contacted on my cell phone at:

337-344-1585 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. BowtieBlazer

Larry:

Just wanted to say thanks again for taking the time to catch up with me. I had fun and enjoyed the company on such a shitty night weather wise. Nice to meet you and the wife and she does indeed cook a mean chicken spaghetti. Made it home in an hour door to door so the EZ TAG does come in handy. Sweet blazer and I hope to catch up with ya'll again sometime soon. Thanks again for the great food and hospitality! Take it easy and holler if ya need something!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Hey, I'm in Friendswood, a 5 minute trip down 518 from you (in Pearland.)
    What are you doing here all the way from LA?
    -- Mike

12. BowtieBlazer

Doing some handyman work for my uncle...Its still raining here and I can't exactly get any work done on a rainy day since its about all outside...if you have time this evening let me know we could meet up some where and hang out and talk trucks for awhile.

13. Larry_in_Tx

We enjoyed meeting you as well and thanks for making the haul up to the house. Given the weather and the unfamiliar roads, we're glad to see you had no problems making the drive. We'll definitely have to make sure we cross paths again sometime soon. Have a safe trip back on Wednesday and if you need anything between now and then don't hesitate to give me a call.

Take care and thanks for the good company.

14. BowtieBlazer

Man, your grammar in the posts "is" too P.C. Whats up with that? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Larry_in_Tx

I bet I'm the only one here that has a typo in there screen name.( Larry_in_Tx) I try not to **** everything up.

16. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I live in Katy and would not mind meeting up with another CK5 member, I just got back from Lafayette, Louisiana.

17. BowtieBlazer

haha! Thats funny, guess you have family or oil feild type job to be in my neck of the woods

18. 77 Mud Buddy

77 Mud Buddy 1/2 ton status

I have a friend in Houston area, Brian, that has just picked up a military K5 from Dallas. He is kind of new to the area and could use some help finding junk yards, and spare parts. His Military K5 is in peices but has the parts to make it a pretty good set up.

84 Military K5 soon to install a 350 from one of his spare camero's, th400 trans, np208 (I think?), 10 bolts with unknown gears, gutted.

His log in name is "bmpaul68", he just joined CK5, Hope you guys can help him out! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif