Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Houston heat 100

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by trogdor4x4, Aug 4, 2004.

1. trogdor4x4

trogdor4x4 Registered Member

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do about my AC. The temperature warms up from 72 to 78-80 at stop lights and stop and go traffic. While I am going the temp of the air hitting the driver is 72 and inside the vent is 58. It doesn't sound light at big difference (72-78) but it is the difference between sweating and not while coming home from work.

I had thought about changing crank pulley size to a larger one, but I didn't know if it would mess things up and I didn't know where to get one nor did I know what size to actually get.

I also thought putting an electrical fan blowing into the core (by the grille).

Are there any other suggestions? yes do one of these or no, don't do those?

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I put a small electric fan in front of my radiator and it comes on when I am at a stop light and it seemed to help alot, also you may want to switch to dual electric fans since they pull more air than the stock fan.