Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how about a 10 bolt (on an 89) disk brakes???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Aug 2, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I've seen write up's on both the 14B and the 12B, but nothing on the 10B for disk breaks??? anybody know if somebody makes something for this application???

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Stainless Steel Brakes and a few others make a 10 bolt disk kit. Apparently, the rear disk setup off of a 99-up Silverado is a direct bolt-on too.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. solowookie

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Apparently, the rear disk setup off of a 99-up Silverado is a direct bolt-on too.

<hr></blockquote>

hey, that could be some really good info to know!!! I'll have to check it out and see if this is cheaper then doing the kit from SS! [​IMG]

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>TSM makes the brackets, your parts store has the front rotors and the junkyard has some 80-85 eldo calipers. Add flexhoses and some caliper pins and your done.</font color=blue>

5. solowookie

I'm gonna have to put this on my list of to-do's cuz I like the disk's on my other k5 too well[​IMG]

6. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

could you take the whole rear end from a 99 up silverado and swap out an 89, and what would you have to do with the proportioning valve if anything

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

7. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

That's exactly what I was thinking - I've been watching the boneyards for one, and haven't seen one yet. According to my local brake guru, the proportioning valve shouldn't need changed, only the lines and e-brake cables. Spring pads would need relocated, but that's quick and simple. I'd really like to get my hands on one and see if it works, since I could probably use a new rear-end anyway.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

8. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

I have a 10 bolt I did with the TSM kit about 3 years ago. All went well, although I had to go to the yard to exchange caddy e-brake calipers twice. Couldn't be rebuilt. No problems with operation over the years. Hindsight being what it is, I would just make the brackets and use standard front rotors instead of spending the $ for the TSM kit. Just my .02 $ worth.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General