Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how about a meet in january sometime

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by fourwheelerjeff, Oct 12, 2003.

1. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

as aj and i were driving home from moab, (you know the story); we had a lot of time to talk, he said that you all (ya'll) had talked about having a run sometime in a few months for us texas guys and the nor-cal guys to come down /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

well, i would like to try to do it, maybe get a few of us together to come and try it out, maybe i might even have some incentive to put something together /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

any other thoughts from ya'll /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Not a problem on my end. We just need to pick some date, and set it up. After the first of the year is probably better, as vacations and such should be over for most.

What do you AZ guys think, I'm all for this, hosting a get together would be cool. Lot's of cool stuff to wheel on and the weather is awesome around this time.

Chime in guys and lets hear about some dates????

Rob

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

im game. if im still here. at this point i will be.
    ill keep an update going.
    grant

4. BADRED73-N-AZ

BADRED73-N-AZ Registered Member

sounds good to me. I would be IN.

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Absolutely, it would be good to get a big huge bunch of K5's together in AZ /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, thanks Jeff for rescuing AJ, that was a very cool thing, not many people would do /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

If somone wants to tow me, I'm definately down. Will pay gas too.

7. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

so yea,...how about feb.? need to get with greg72 and his crew as well. jeff and i are down for sure maybe this time i can get more texas guys in on it.
    we need a name for this little get together,...who knows it could become tradition(lol) /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

8. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

shoot by then I could have a 60 and doubler...bring it awn /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. supersize75

"The AZ Pinstriping winter mall crawl"

"The spring AZ run what ya brung K5 meet"

"Wheal raw deal like it's your last meal" run!

"The AZ, rock the rocks k5 meet"

....yea I'm board /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

if i can get some $$ saved up id be down.

11. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

were at? big campout at the dunes?

12. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

that sounds kewl,...lets campout at the dunes somewhere, that way if we get drunk and rowdy we can't get kicked out /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif any ideas az boyz?

13. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Az wheeling pretty much falls into 3 categories:

1) Rocks, rocks and more rocks

2) Sand Dunes - only in at the Ca/Az line

3) Mud - during monsoon season....

I try my best to stay out of #3), and most heavy trucks like K5's really don't do well in the sand (BIG sand dunes out by Yuma /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif), so I'm asuming that most people would like some hard "rock" wheeling the best... Maybe we should have a poll....

Anyway, the content of the wheelin' needs to be settled on first. Cuz the dunes are far away from the rocks.... and mud only happens once or twice a year....

So, what would you come to AZ to do:
    <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1066924186marv_springer">

I'm going to Az to:
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Rockin' it,... baby
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />get sand in all orifices of my body/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />goin there lookin for a mudbog/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Marv

14. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

ok guys were getting closer to jan. and no set plans yet. please someone from az set a place. and lets get a raise of hands as to who would like to go. can we get a sign up sheet or something. i would do all of this, except that i am in texas and az wheeling is new to me. i will have my new axels locked and loaded by then and i need to try them out. even if we have to push this back to feb. lets do this! if i can do anything let me know. i know marv was anxious to do this at one point as well as rob, how about the rest? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

It's not a problem to wheel here anytime. The weather and time trails are always open....

I'm open to just about any weekend or long weekend except the weekend of the 17th.

We can wheel in either Florence Junction or the Table Mesa area. The easiest place for logistics purposes is Florence junction as it's close to a lot of us and each day could be day runs if needed and it's close to spare parts if needed.

There is plenty of places to camp but it's dry camping, unless we hang at our houses. We have plenty of room at my house and I'm sure Marv can put a few people up at his house.

I would prefer to see it happen on the 24th weekend or the 31st weekend as it's easier for me towards the end of the month.

I'm sure we can get a real good group of people together and the trail runs are awesome here. Right off the bat I'm thinking at lease 10 or 15 guys could show up. The camping this time of year is awesome in the desert but it does get a little nipplie at night, not too bad.

What weekend works for you guys? How many are you thinking from your group? Are you thinking camping or staying at our houses and then doing day runs? We are easy here in AZ, just pick some dates and tell us how many and we will show up and treat you guys to some awesome wheeling.

OK AZ guys, who thinks the may could attend on the dates above?? Chime in and post what you think....

AJ and Jeff, what are your thoughts....

Rob

16. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

17th is no good for me either, the weekend after would work most likely, jeff finally has something that he can wheel, however it's not a k5 (xj), but we won't falt him for that do to the fact that he probly has more k5's than most of us sitting in his front yard as well as other people's front yards /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. a sign up sheet would be nice though just so we can get a show of hands as to who to expect. can we get steve fox /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif? hmmmmmmm?
    anyone ever trapped a fox before? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The 17 is bad for us younger guys (those in college go back the following tues.) I am up for the following weekend also. Will this be a family type gathering or a hardcore leave the women and children behind event. I am for florence, there are more trails, for more levels &amp; skills, to run in that area.
    Just waiting for specifics /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

18. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, I vote for the 17th for obvious reasons! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thats the weekend this Canadian will be there for my work trip and off work that day. It would be cool to be able to get involved in a big meet for some CK5 guys! So, I vote the 17th and on the rocks! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

19. the_goat

the_goat 1/2 ton status

I would like to go if I'm invited. I don't know how much I could do. Beside's the lift my truck's mostly stock. Any weekend is fine as long as a get a few weeks notice.
    Thanks,
    John

20. supersize75

Depending on where they or we go alot of trails have bypasses, in most cases its 10 percent truck and 90 percent driver, throw that out the door though if we are wheeling with Rob and Marv and the like /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

as for me it will take allot of effert to make it there /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif